Thread: Endangered Rufous-necked Hornbill

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Endangered Rufous-necked Hornbill

Attached Images Attached Images

The path to this place was very narrow and slippery(Proably 1.5 ft wide) and there was a lot of hindrances made by the branches that made it difficult to capture the flight shots.

Canon 7D
    Canon 400MM F/5.6L USM
    1/1000sec
    at ISO-800
    Aperture- F/5.6
    Spot Metering +0.33 EV
    Processed using Photoshop CS4.
    Done some basic adjustments on shadows and highlights and selective sharpening on the Bird.
    Thanks for Viewing.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sandeep:

I don't believe I have ever seen this species on BPN before, which is saying something. Worth the challenging approach.

You have shown his rufous neck well. Although he is angled away, the head is turned back our way, which helps.

I might consider warming the color temp. of the image up just a bit. Nice sense of depth from the trees in the bg.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

3. Thanks Sandeep Chakraborty thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a new species to me so this is fascinating. I don't know how difficult it is to sight this bird in your area but you've caught a really pleasing head turn for me. The wing position is unfortunate (more because the primary cuts into the bill more than anything else) but it doesn't detract from the image per se. I agree with Randy's comment about the color temperature. As presented it's a tad on the cooler side.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

this is a very beautiful specie and you caught him against a nice BG, as Randy mentioned unfortunately he had already passed you, overall the image looks a bit soft to my eye

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sandeep and welcome. The bird is quite wonderful as are the critiques and suggestions above. We hope to see more images and welcome you to join our community.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Always nice to see a new species here. What a beautiful bird. Like the distant background. Good suggestions above, and overall an attractive image. Welcome
    Robert Kimbrell

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sandeep, welcome to BPN! Awesome bird! Good tips / suggestions by the folks above. Hope to see more from you, and please do critique others' works too....all part of the fun here on BPN.