Thread: Hi!

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Hi!

I started doing bird photography a couple of years ago when my wife suggested I get a camera and take pictures of the birds around our house. My interest has grown since then and I'm really enjoying taking pictures while traveling not just at home. I was recently down in southern Virginia and was out on the Tobacco Heritage Trail in the morning with my wife and a local guide. This Prairie Warbler spent a several minutes with us while we hung out in the parking lot. He definitely made the morning. I was trying to use my flash as it was early but I wasn't controlling it well and the shots with it looked fake and/or over saturated. This one doesn't use the flash and looked better. I'm not sure what happened with his tail. There's no detail but I don't think it's blown out (no blinkies).

Anyway happy to hang out with other bird photographers. I have a lot to learn and am looking forward to getting better with your help!

Name:  PrairieWarbler.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  316.6 KB

7D, EF 500 mm f/4 L IS II USM + 1.4x, f/5.6, 1/200, ISO 320, manual mode, tripod, early morning.

-EAD

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Big, warm welcome to BPN, Erik. Looks as though you've already learned quite a bit but there's always more to learn here on BPN. Looking forward to seeing your images in Eager to Leanr and Avian Forums. Where are you from if you don't mind my asking?
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Scarr View Post
    Big, warm welcome to BPN, Erik. Looks as though you've already learned quite a bit but there's always more to learn here on BPN. Looking forward to seeing your images in Eager to Leanr and Avian Forums. Where are you from if you don't mind my asking?
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm based in Annapolis, MD just outside of DC.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Erik, welcome to BPN! You've come to the right place to help you learn and grow as a bird / nature photographer.