Thread: Have You Changed my Perch!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Have You Changed my Perch!

Attached Images Attached Images

This is a young Rainbow lorikeet who frequents my garden and gives me the chance, every now and then, to capture him doing something really quite silly. I think they have the most expressive faces of any bird I have ever known.

Basic adjustments in ACR. In PS, Curves to BG. NR to BG, cropped and sharpened for posting.

Canon 5D2
    Sigma 150-600mm @ 450mm
    f8 @ 1/800 sec
    ISO 100
    Hand Held

C&C Welcomed and appreciated!
    Last edited by Glennie Passier; 07-17-2016 at 02:18 AM.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow, would I like to have these in my garden. Beautiful bird, nicely shown. Nice HA, colors, feather detail, and perch. The background compliments the bird and perch. I am pleased you took Artie's words to heart to post here. Thank you for sharing, Glennie.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

3. Thanks Glennie Passier thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful colourful bird with great details on it .....

Love the light here .... TFS.

5. Thanks Glennie Passier thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Once again with the lovely, colorful lorikeets!! I agree with you Glennie, these birds seem full of expression. And of course you've done another masterful job of capturing. Your work in ETL has paid off ............

AP

7. Thanks Glennie Passier thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great colors, sharpness and background. Welcome to Avian :) In a perfect world the head would be a bit better lined up with the angle of the bird's body, but it is damned nice as is.

I am not sure if I will make it down under before they put me in a box. But those Silver Gulls of yours just might get me there...

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

9. Thanks Glennie Passier thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Such great birds. I must get back to Australia with my camera this time. Arthur go. The wildlife and scenery are just amazing. Bowerbirds, Cassowaries, Pittas, Honeyeaters Fairy wrens, all of the Parrots and Cockatoos and on and on. Birds are just spectacular.

I agree about the pose but picture is still great. Well exposed and sharp. Good to see you using f8 with your Sigma. If I am being super picky the I wish the dark area to the right and and below the bird were not there and the whole background was that beautiful green.

11. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Isaac, Thank you! I am indeed blessed to have these birds, and many others, literally at my doorstep, every morning!

Agree about the darker areas. I'll have to work on my backyard to get those shadows right!

On a side note....you are a constant in my head...f8 f8 f8!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

for me it is everytime a pleasure, that i can see here birds wildlife from really around he world..
    so this Rainbow lorikeet, i only know it from our zoos, magnificent colours, a really nice picture.

tfs