Thread: Sea of Colors

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Sea of Colors

Name:  Sea-of-Colors_1000px.jpg
Views: 4179
Size:  134.4 KB

A image in one of my favorite coastal peaces of Portugal (Costa Vicentina, Porto Covo). Here i was almost completely in the water playing with the shutter and motion of the sea.

Techs
    D7000, 10mm ƒ/11 1/3s ISO 100
    ND 0.6 SE

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Luis

Beautiful palette of colour and dynamics here, Well done..! My eye move into the image LRC, follows the water flow out to the rocks on the left, then back to the RHS and around again.. Wonderful..!! My only niggle (and its totally nit picking) is that I am not completely satified with the rocks, I think they could be a little lighter although it looks like you might have lifted them already as there seems to be a slightly darker Halo around the edges...

DON

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice color blends, like the low angle, water motion is nice. ~ MT

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

With the changing hues from yellow on the left to blue on the right and how the water renders in this long exposure, it really looks like a fan to me and I find it very interesting. I really like the composition; it's very different from most seascape I have seen. Great job, Luis. I have several near miss with this type of sea shot where I almost lose my camera falling into the water but it's worth it.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like this, Luis. We are so used to see the sweeping view over the ocean, and this low angle almost submersed in the water really gives a fresh perspective.
    Lovely gentle processing here, works for me.
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Luis - The low pov really takes this up a notch and makes it a bit different. Good thinking in the field. I too like all the different colors and the bit of blur from the ss. Nicely done.

TFS,
    Rachel

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is lovely in every way from the soft light to the great colors to the image design to the moving water blur. That yellow is to die for.

Were you on a tripod???

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am gonna have to say yes, on a tripod...

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am gonna have to say yes, on a tripod...

a

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Arthur, yes i was using a tripod almost completely underwater when the tide rised.

Enviado do meu P01Z através de Tapatalk

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Luis, Good on you! May I use this image on my blog?

a

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Thanks Luis, Good on you! May I use this image on my blog?

a
    Hi Arthur. Yes please feel free to use it on the blog.

13. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A little late to the party but what a wonderful image I love the color pallet as well as the tonal value of the light. This needs to find a home on a wall a nice 20X30 print on aluminum would be my choice.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Luis, I am late getting to this image as I was away last week. This is a fabulous image with great colors and superb motion in the waves. Your chosen, low perspective for this scene really works well...congrats on a great image!!!