Thread: Composition #4 - Guggenheim Another Dimension

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Composition #4 - Guggenheim Another Dimension

Attached Images Attached Images

Here's the full frame version of the Composition #2. I like it as well as the cropped version although I think the cropped version is more thought-provoking.
    Thanks for looking
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

While looking at this and thinking about the common thread of at least one person in each composition, it occurred to me that most people going to any museum are there because of the displays. You deserve a lot of credit for looking beyond that.

I like the softness of the features on the left with the curves leading to stronger colors and lines toward the right and bottom.

3. Thanks Cheryl Slechta thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think it might be pushing it a bit to say it's all here---a headless person, floating heads, and whole people.....I really like the cropped version better. Much more Guggenheim-ish. By the way, I'm surprised you could take photos inside there. Glad you could because you saw out of the box of the art to see the soft curves and tones of the building itself.

5. Thanks Cheryl Slechta thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cheryl, I love this frame. While the "cone" gets smaller to the bottom of the frame, there are more people there. That and the inherent leading lines in the frame lead my eyes all around the frame. I must say that while I love your explanation on the headless person in #2, I think this frame wins it for me. But of course, art is a subjective thing. You are right about #2 being more thought-provoking. It made me uneasy. But this one seems... whole. At least to me. Thanks for sharing! I love this series so much!

7. Thanks Cheryl Slechta thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This series has provoked such a variety of reactions, which shows how different we all are. Each one's vision is his/her own. Good.

9. Thanks Cheryl Slechta thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I went back to look at the cropped version, which I prefer. This one has a different feel to it--just as valid.
    I love that you took these interesting photos. They inspire me to do something similar.

11. Thanks Cheryl Slechta thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Michael Gerald-Yamasaki's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cheryl,

Greetings. Interesting combination of with the cropped version. While I prefer the simplicity of form of the cropped version, this one is interesting as well for the, well, added dimension both floor and people. It's also a bridge to your Composition #5. Good show!

Cheers,

-Michael-