Thread: Thai takeaway

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Thai takeaway

Attached Images Attached Images

i have been on vacation in thailand for a few weeks so have been away from the forum

took a number of images over there but the rain heat and humidity made me leave the big lenses behind most of the time

Here off a private longboat I spotted this egret i think hunting small fish from the rocks

it was catching them on most dives so i just waited and took a few frames. Not easy from a moving boat

The turquoise light from the sea lit this up from beneath

D800e
    200-500 at 500mm
    f5.6
    1/2500
    ISO 1600
    Manual exposure

Focus was ever so slightly off the head so fixed it with a bit of smart sharpen/ motion blur and darkening the pupil so there was very little blur

Comments and critique most welcome

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow! I love that water color and the birds pose looks great too. Lots of nice details and colors in the bird and the fish is a bonus. I like those dangling legs also.
    The angle and the type of BG aren't the best but I still like the frame. Well done
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Neat pose and bird. Does anyone know if this is a Western Reef Heron? Or ???

Rock BKGR is less than ideal as noted above.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.