Thread: Theme-male northern harrier

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme-male northern harrier

Name:  male harrier head-on --1 047.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  52.8 KBThis fellow was very aggressive in defending his territory, often diving within feet of my head. 7DII,EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS MII, ISO 500, f/7.1, 1/1250, HH
    SaveSave

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool to have a close encounter with a male Harrier! Pretty good eye contact and nice sharpness. There's a fairly strong yellow cast that I took the liberty of removing in this repost. I also brightened things up a bit. What are your thoughts?

Name:  male-harrier-head-on---1-047.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  73.9 KB
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

the repost looks much better with the greenish tint removed. Cool bird! I have seen lots of them, but never close enough for a good pic

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you for the help Doug--I thought I had dealt with that when I moved the WB slider for B/Y to the left but obviously I didn't go far enough--your version is a significant improvement in rendering the whites as I saw them, although perhaps just a tad too far in that direction as I didn't come a way from this encounter with an impression of pure white flashes of underwing. This was shot at 11:30 am. but sometimes in the early evening light it can even be hard to distinguish between male and female as the male takes on a browner hue.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done Doug. I agree on the repost. Undersides are slightly creamy in color.