Thread: Image corruption

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Image corruption

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm having trouble with files being corrupted when I import into lightroom and breezebrowser. This is how they look.. It seems every time I open the folder more become corrupted. When I view the folder in Canons DPP software they seem fine? This is very aggravating and I really don't' want to work in DPP.. Any ideas of what may be causing this?

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dale, is this on a laptop and or, is the image small within the window i.e. at 16%? Do you get the same 'corruption' if you go to 1:1?

Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve,

I don't see it on my laptop (windows 7 machine) only my desktop. It's a PC fairly new with 32gb ram, runs windows 10 and yes I still see the corruption at 1 to 1...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

OK, the reason I asked was that my MB pro whilst out in the field and heavily laden with stuff to pre edit (and back-up twice on ext HDs) was showing similar signs, but when scaled up in PS everything was fine, hence asking if you were reviewing at a small size. There seems a lot of stuff people are having issues with in terms of colour, all running Windows 10, could it be Windows???

Sorry can say much more, but hope you get it sorted.

Steve

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dale - Is it happening across multiple cards? If so, could it be the card reader?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Hollander View Post
    Dale - Is it happening across multiple cards? If so, could it be the card reader?
    That seemed to be the consensus but now I'm not so sure. When uploading images to my desktop from my external HD that I loaded the images onto via my laptop with a different card reader the same thing happens. Viewing the images on my laptop from the same HD doesn't' exhibit this behavior. I also tried several different external HD's with the same result. So files look fine in BB on my laptop but when I upload to BB or LR on my desktop the corruption begins....

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

That looks like it pins it down to the computer. I had a similar issue many years ago and a new computer fixed the problem.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks everyone for your suggestions... After much testing, trial and error it seems that I have 2 bad USB3 ports on my desktop. When using the properly functioning USB3 ports everything seems fine....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the update Dale, should be faster too.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I was getting a similar error from CF cards but not SD cards. I could also read the CF cards if I left them in the camera and imported directly from the camera.
    Turns out the problem was using UMDA cards in a card reader that was not compatible with UMDA. Changing the card reader solved the problem.