Thread: CS6

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default CS6

I am finding that CS6 "has stopped working" and that I have to close it down and restart. This error message is occurring quite frequently now despite the fact I have a new PC.
    Am I being cynical or is this something to be expected as I have not yet upgraded to PSC. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues, the error seems to occur on images with 3 or 4 adjustment layers.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Shouldn't be, but could it be the fact you have upgraded to a new PC. Was the installation via DVD or from Adobe?

Jon, the monthly fee is peanuts when considering the investment in kit that you have made, your call, but...
    Last edited by Steve Kaluski; 06-20-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I agree the fee is minimal but I can't help but wonder what there is that I do not already have? e.g. Is the ACR any different or is it just capable of converting more different camera files? Have you started doing things differently since you downloaded it, what do you think is better? I am willing to be converted

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jon, I've been in CC for almost 3 years and have never looked back.

Changes well that just depends, as for me, yes there are some good changes and some very subtle ones too. As I use LR & PSCC everything is seamless and I just get the updates as and when they are launched so everything is up to date, Adobe has a record of everything and if I need to do a clean install I just then download everything. If you are using old camera kit then perhaps it's not worth it, or some folk just don't wish to expand their learning curve and trust the freebies they get from magazines (nice), but to me, if you at the higher end with the kit and even a new PC/Mac, then I personally feel you owe it to yourself and the gear to have the most up to date software, if not to make life easier. But then also how much do you use it????

It's like having a Lamborghini where you only have four gears to play with instead of seven.

Test drive it and see, what have you got to loose, PS I mean.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am using CS6 Jonathan and am not experiencing any problems. I have a new pc and new monitor but am not as yet convinced that there is a lot to be gained from going to a monthly payment system where the monthly peanuts add up to a bagfull each year. CS6 was quite a big investment as it is. The trouble is it is like our impending referendum, what you know to what you don't and is it worth it to change. I am still using Windows 8.1 by the way, keep being reminded to upgrade to W10 but putting it off for now. Are you experiencing the problems with W10 operating system?

David

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Have you tried reinstalling it?
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm not sure if my problem is related to Jon's. I use PSCS6 also and just yesterday Adobe Bridge stopped working. I get a message that reads "An unknown error has occurred and I should purge the cache". I have tried time and time again, restarted, reinstalled. The screen is frozen. No images. I was wondering the same thing about the CC?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

In general Windows 10 isn't a stable operating system on some machines, if you are running Windows 10 chances are it's Microsoft who is at fault and not Adobe but Microsoft have no support anymore so you're on your own....

If you want to use Windows I recommend sticking to Windows 7 Pro and not moving from there. The new OS's bring nothing to the table but a ton of bugs and a clumsy interface
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ok Thanks everyone, I will reinstall CS6 via Adobe (I don't have a disk), Windows 10 has been OK for me when I converted. On this new PC I have only ever had Windows 10 and it has never given me a problem, unless that is with CS6.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

As I said earlier Jon, reinstall is the first port of call I think, but also do not install any Third Party software and see if you still have issues. After a clean install if you still have issues without any Third Party i.e. NIK then contact Adobe. Not sure why people are adverse to contacting them, however... go luck. Make sure you do trash all of the existing CS6 software and empty the bin before installing.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Steve will do.