Thread: A new love of mine

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A new love of mine

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi to all BPN fellows ... being a very active member for quite some time i lost somehow track of photography and participating in here
    There are lots of reasons ... one of the reasons is that i felt back into the love of riding a motorcycle
    I stopped the hobby of doing it roughly 15 years ago ... due to expensive investments in photographic equipment
    Somehow i felt back in love this spring after having a ride with a friends machine ....
    it took me a week to decide i want to return on the road to scratch bends and curves on our country roads ..... on a trip to india this spring i saw the Royal Enfield motorcycles ..... and thought well i go old school and want a simple yet traditional motorcycle ...
    After having a closer look when back home and talked to other people .... one test ride included .... i said no to The Royal Enfield .... but i wanted a so called " Cafe Racer " , not for speeding as i did in the past with speeds up to 245 km/h with my japanese racing bike
    i am now too old for that .. and way more relaxed

So i found another one i felt in love with ..... immediately after seeing this model in a catalogue

It is a MOTO GUZZI V7 II Racer

here you go some pics i share with you of my new love

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice Andreas, (though not keen on the road sign behind the fuel tank!!), alas, my mid life has passed, I too went back and I bought a Yamaha Dragstar in 2000/2001, then I swapped it for a smaller sporty job but I soon realised that I was getting to old for that, I wish I had kept the big Yamaha. And now I am just an old git driving a Volvo and loving Canon

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I spent too long drooling over a Triumph Bonneville T100 on Saturday evening! Takes me back...

So I do understand your enthusiasm!

Is there an attachment for a long lens and a tripod?

Take care...

Gerald

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas:

Well, I am old enough to remember the original version of this bike, and always thought it was handsome. Your time away from motorcycles matches mine, as photography and other life events interrupted what had been a life long hobby. Ride safe, share some stories and other images of your new bike.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Awesome, Boetie, thank you for sharing!

Been waiting for those images... Is that your shadow in the second frame? Would like to see an image of you on the bike:)

Hope she gives you many years of joy, ride safely Boet, and see you in September!

Hugs from your SA Sister,
    Gabriela Plesea