Thread: Storm Light

Paul Marcellini

Default Storm Light

Recent fires in the Everglades knocked down the sawgrass and allowed me to try and show the topography of this area. The regrowth is a nice bright green that caught the last rays of light. This was one of the most powerful storms I have gotten to witness. I will post a smaller image showing what was to my back. =)

There is a color cast, it was there and more intense than portrayed here. Some of the later images of the night had the craziest colors.

Thanks for commenting,
    Paul

20d, 10-22@10 iso200 f16 1.5s + 1/6s no gnd, sorry Roman

Paul Marcellini

Here's what was going to run me over. 2 shots at 10mm merged, to give you an idea of size. Oh and I walked out here in flip-flops, so running back to beat the storm wasn't the easiest, given the terrain. =)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

that is phenomenal!! got a great feel to it. love how you got the sun at the horizon. looks like it needs just a touch of CCW rotation. that is one gnarly looking storm!! glad you got out OK!

Robert Amoruso

Paul,

I like both images a lot and hope that you will post the storm cloud pano in the Panoramic Forum.

Gus Cobos

Fantastic Paul,
    Great details and and an impressive view I love the rich colors...:cool:

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Paul, I do like them both a lot! Everything on the first one screams everglades...........but the sun rays put it over the top. The sky just adds to the overall drama! I think the fires did you a favor........it allowed you to show the Glades without the grasses overposering the image and the FG matter is for me interesting! Now the second one.......post it in the Pano forums...............I want to see this huge! Wow what a powerful looking storm! Last time with the flip flops???

Paul Marcellini

Thanks guys.

Harold, good eye. it was about 1 degree off. Thanks.

Roman, no serious injuries yet, so the flip-flops stay. Shoes are for northerners.

I posted an 800px version of the pano for you guys. Still seems small. =)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Paul, You need medication. Go get them. A super nice post. Please keep them coming. You make me homesick, and you remind me of when we were growing up. Man some of the things we did. Like going neck deep in the glades and swamps, for miles. Never got bit. Love your work. Excellent as always.

Michael Pancier

both shot are literally amazing. you're finding some amazing landscape. BTW, flip flops in the Glades?

Paul Marcellini

Thanks Grady. Last night we ventured out pretty far in this area and almost go lost. The full moon helped.

Michael, if I wear flip-flops, it forces me to be more aware of my feet. I've seen 3 moccasins recently I might have stepped on if wearing shoes. Thats my crazy logic at least. =)

Michael Pancier

Quote Originally Posted by paulmarcellini View Post
    Thanks Grady. Last night we ventured out pretty far in this area and almost go lost. The full moon helped.

Michael, if I wear flip-flops, it forces me to be more aware of my feet. I've seen 3 moccasins recently I might have stepped on if wearing shoes. Thats my crazy logic at least. =)
    so did you step on them with flip flops? how deep is it out there now? I went on a hike to the cypress head in 2 feet of water, but I wore waders (chicken) .....

Paul Marcellini

no, thats the thing, i pay attention where I'm stepping because of the flip-flops. Otherwise I might step on them in shoes and get bit in the leg.

right now in southern glades, it is still pretty dry. This is taken at Chekika, the western edge of the fies. Loop Road is nice, but i haven't been in 2 weeks. Not sure if the water has risen yet.