Thread: Yellow-Rumped Warbler

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Yellow-Rumped Warbler

Name:  Yellow-rumped Warbler 2016 Mt. Auburn Cemetery.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  255.7 KB

Shot at Mt Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge, MA. Nikon D7200, 1/2000 sec., f/2.8, ISO 280.
    Last edited by Daniel Cadieux; 05-30-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jayne, that is a beautiful warbler among some fresh spring greens. I like the colours and nice blue sky. The main issue with the image is the comp - it is too tall and thin. As posted I would place the subject either higher or lower in the frame by cropping some off the top or bottom. The throat is also "hot", it could be toned down in post recover some details in there. Gotta love the spring months with warbler and other songbird migration eh!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

OK Thanks for the critique, Daniel. I'll see what I can do in Lightroom. -JBS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jayne:

Daniel covered the important points. Very colorful, springlike, but a bit of an awkward crop. Looking at the surrounding branches/leaves, I can see why you went this direction, but I would certainly try the variations Daniel suggested to see if you can find a better compromise. I am not sure you will be able to recover any detail in the whites on the throat, but certainly worth a try. If you have Nik Detail extractor available, sometimes that can pull out a bit of texture.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton