Thread: Harvestman

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Harvestman

Attached Images Attached Images

I found this somewhat small and very pale Harvestman while I was prowling among the lilies this morning in my garden looking for subjects. I like the natural background of the lilies as the Harvestman was moving across these petals as well as into the flowers. Ants crawling across its feet seemed to irritate it. Funny how the whole world disappeared as I became absorbed into this small world of insects and pink flowers.

Canon 5D Mark III, Canon macro 100 f2.8, 1/160, f9, ISO 2000, tripod

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

As I viewed this here I thought the pinks and greens were over-saturated. I checked my image in PS and that is fine. However in my WEB folder the image is over-saturated. How & when do I adjust for the difference?
    Last edited by Nancy Bell; 05-28-2016 at 04:18 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sharp on the body of the harvestman which is where it counts. I too like the idea of a nice colourful bkg for him, although this is a bit busy for me. I would have tried for a single petal/solid pink bkg by trying to shoot from a different angle, providing that was possible of course. Best, D J.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Dave for your comment. I do have some images with less busy backgrounds. I'll go revisit them. What attracted me to post this one was the one leg grabbing the petal tip and the eye clearly visible.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the image , the background is a little bust but the eye grabs my attention.
    Regarding colours was everything in RGB (camera and computer) and then when you saved for web did you tick convert to SRGB?