Thread: Refreshed !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Refreshed !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello Everyone !
    Thank you for all your comments and suggestions on my previous post.

Another Tiger image from me , but this time it is from my archives . It was the month of June and was getting real warm in Tadoba. Water was left only in the artificial water holes and the Tigers were always found around them. The pre monsoon activities had begun and the day was cloudy but very very warm , when we saw this Tiger , she was lying in the water hole and cooling her self from the heat. And then she made a move but just before that she did what a Cat does the best " cleaned and dried her self".
    I had some experience in the field at that time but didn't realised the importance of high ss , it would have been different had it been taken today .

Canon 7D , Canon 300mm f4 , Bean Bag.

ss 1/800 , f/5.6, iso 400 .

DPP 4 , CS6 , WB,HSL,Levels, selective colour, sharpening. Cropped from all sides ( it is nearly a 50 % crop , tried to eliminate the water hole as much as possible . )

All your C&C's are most Welcome.

Will be off to Bandhavgarh this thursday, first with my family and then after a couple of days with my friends , will post again once I am back .

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb take your point about the use of shutter speeds in your early days and perhaps it shows a bit in your image, but on the other side when it comes to image content this as got plenty with all that water being removed from the Tiger,would have liked to see the full Tiger but enjoyed what I can see.
    Keith.

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, I can appreciate why you wished to remove as much of the waterhole as you did, but if this has meant cropping the Tiger, then leave it in. A good friend of mine is also out in Rathambore at present and he to was saying how hard it is to compose good Tiger shots with all the vehicles too.

As presented I would remove the branch on the RHS in the BKG and perhaps drop the Exp by a third and the whites, but watch you don't clip the blacks. Based on the techs you did well, but now I feel you would have created a better image with what you have learnt. Like the movement of the head and spray of water.

Happy hunting.

TFS
    Steve

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Haseeb,

Thank you for sharing another Tiger image and I hope your upcoming trip will bring you much more! You already mentioned the lack of enough SS so I won't go there, regarding composition I agree with Steve above, rather leave the man-made elements in than cut the tiger off, I personally would love to see some water dripping from her swinging tail:)

Cannot wait to see what you bring back from Bandhavgarh, good luck Haseeb and travel safely, keep the Sun behind you and watch that SS

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb - Definitely another vote for keeping the whole tiger in the image. Alternatively, you could crop even tighter but likely IQ would suffer in this instance. As is the comp really doesn't work and distracts from the action. Good suggestions about exp and the whites from Steve. Looking forward to seeing the images you bring back from your trip given all that you have learned.

TFS,
    Rachel

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice action here. I can fully appreciate your waterhole-dilemma, the same with many of the Kalahari waterholes.
    I would agree, rather post the whole shot and other suggestions for crop might come from the group?
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

11. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb,first I can't wait to see what you come back with and second all the luck. I love her expression it speaks of bliss for me,the water is stunning and makes this image very special.

I can only echo the good folks here sentiments on seeing all of her in frame. But still a wonderful image for me to view
    thanks for sharing this Haseeb good luck

Stu

13. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, what a lovely shake from the tiger, and with the flying water. Good detail on the tiger's coat, and agree that seeing all of the tiger would work better.