Thread: spoonie and sunflowers...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Default spoonie and sunflowers...

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken in Texas last month, where the birds do not disappoint! This spoonie was returning to a small island where there were many waders nesting. I watched for birds flying near the top of this beautiful vegetation and would let out a burst. Not sure about removing the taller stick like branches behind the wing and head, any thoughts? Taken from a boat.
    1Dx, 600mmII,
    iso 500, 1/2500, 7.1

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gorgeous colors in this image. The Spoonie is really beautiful, spot on IQ and you've caught the pose at just the right time. Head angle is great, the slightly open bill is a real plus. The flowers make this an unusual but really interesting background. If mine, I would take out many of the OOF branches, crop just a bit off the right side and then print it big for my office wall. Excellent job.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ann, you never fail to disappoint! The colours are spectacular! Bird and BG just sing. My only considerations would be to take out the two most prominent OOF sticks. (one in front and one under his wing). I think I would also clean up the edges of stray foliage on RHS and the really OOF branch on the far left.

Taken from a boat! Fantastic stuff!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Besides a bit of clean up of the sticks, this one rocks Ann! Love the bright contrasting colors, the nice details and the good HA. I agree with a little off of the right, and I also agree about printing it!! Well done
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Terrific shot this is one of the situations where I agree about a little judicial cloning or use of the healing brush, removal of those foreground dried stems makes all the difference.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ann, lovely flight pose 'skimming' over the top of the flowers. Good DOF, sharp, and before reading the other comments, I too would clean up the sticks and move him back to the RHS a touch. Well captured.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The spoonie looks great.
    Another vote for cleaning up the sticks and tidying up the RHS so the yellow flower is not bisected.
    Great light you had here,
    Gail

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fantastic explosion of colours! I'd hate for you to lose the trio of daisies in lower right corner so rather than crop there do you have any canvas you can add at left instead? I agree with the more prominent sticks needing to go, and the OOF stuff in upper left corner. Just enough of a banking pose to make the wing position interesting.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful bird, lovely image. I think the suggested tweaks will add to the image. Thank you for sharing, Ann.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com