Thread: color change when uploading to BPN.SINCE SWITCHING TO WINDOWS10.

Forum Participant christopher galeski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default color change when uploading to BPN.SINCE SWITCHING TO WINDOWS10.

Can anyone help,after I have worked my image in PS and click save for web,in the window the image as gone lighter,but when I save it and look in my files,the color is the same as I have worked it,but when I upload to BPN,its gone lighter again,inPS I have tick the save in srg.thanks.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Christopher. Make sure you have 'Embed Color Profile' checked in the 'Save for Web' dialog box. It's not enough to click 'Convert to sRGB.'

Name:  Color-profile.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  257.1 KB
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thankyou Doug for your reply,just read it this morning 6am UKtime 18-5-2016,I have it set just like your image you show,there is one other thing I will mention,in the box Preview Monitor color,the image is lighter than the processed one,but if I tick Internet Standard RGB (nO COLOR MANAGEMENT) the image is the same color as the processed one,and when I save it in my files,but upload to BPN,and it goes lighter.thanks again,hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

If Colour Setting (under Edit) are set correctly, you also apply 'Convert to Profile' to the file and those settings are correct (Belts & Braces), then do as Doug suggested - all should be correct.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for your input Steve,but it as not changed,it is since I upgraded to windows10 that the problem started.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Then buy a Mac.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

OK Chris, what version of PS are you running and is it compatible with the new OS you have uploaded?

So the File is RGB and when you go to Convert to Profile the 'Source Space' is correct & the 'Destination Space' is correct - sRGB... Yes?

When you then go to Save for Web, or in the latest via Export - Save for Web (legacy) make sure Preview says Use Document Profile and that ALL boxes as Doug has highlighted is checked.

Not that this will help, but I assume you also calibrate your monitor at least once a month, if not you should. BTW is it a laptop screen or a Desk Top Monitor?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for help Steve,I looked at Dougs and it was set the same,but when I looked at yours mine was not set (Preview use document profile)so I set it to yours,and it seems to have done the trick,I have not uploaded to BPN yet,because I have to wait 24hrs,but uploaded to another sight,and the color looks right.thanks again Doug and Steve.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The setting in the Preview box has no effect on the final output -- it is only to allow you to see what it might look like on some other types of monitors, and is a very old legacy thing.

If your post here looks different than what you see in PS, something else is going on.

Any issue with monitor calibration should affect both web and PS the same.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Chris, now you have uploaded, how does the colour look across the board?

I'm pack and sorting Gear out so won't be able to reply as such, so I'm sure Diane will sort out all issues if things are not resolved now.

Cheers
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

If it's a Windows issue I won't be of any use -- I jumped ship when Vista came out.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Diane and Steve for input,Diane I am afraid it is windows 10,all was well till I switched to Windows10,I was on windows7,maybe my old eyes,when I altered it to use document profile I thought it was better.I have a friend coming to look at it,I will see what happens.Thanks again.Not for getting Doug,he was the first to reply to me asking for help.thanks.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

At what step are you "altering to use doc profile"? That sounds odd -- there is a very specific workflow for color management. If you are following that and seeing color changes since Win 10, then something is wrong, but you should be sure, first, that you are doing the color mgmt steps correctly.

Go to the tutorial page on my website (link below signature here) and check the three on color mgmt. If that has been what you are doing and something has changed in Win 10, I'd be interested to know.

Is this a new computer? Has the software been updated? The video card? Monitor calibration?

Thanks!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Diane,I will get back to you when I have read and tried what is said in your tutorial,its not a new computer,no software updated,or the video card,calibration spot on,I had no problems in Windows 7,but it when wrong after I updated to windows10.thanks again.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like Chrome browser, but it changes colors of my image. Safari is more consistent. Don't know about Explorer. Which browser do you use?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I haven't kept up with browsers for a couple of years but last I heard, Firefox was the reliable solution BUT you need to set a parameter that isn't the default. Bizarre. Check my tutorial in Educational Resources.

If Chrome is changing your colors it is not color managed. Safari MAY be, last I heard.... FF is a sure thing IF you set it correctly.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Doug Diane and Steve for your response,have now got it sorted,touch wood,thanks again.Ps.it was my proof color settings.