Thread: DPP4 (Preferences) Settings Guidance please

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default DPP4 (Preferences) Settings Guidance please

I have just got a new PC and it is pretty quick (so I am told!), it is Intel (R) Core (TM) i7 4790 CPU @4GHzI have a VVIDIA Graphics card GeForce GTX 960, could anyone tell me please, if I should select "Use graphics processor for image processing" under the section Image Processing 2 - will this help optimise and speed the processing.
    Thanks
    Jon

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon,

The new version of DPP 4.4.3 just came out that supports CUDA GPU acceleration. I ma using a 4.2GHZ i7 CPU with GTX980, so far I have spent little time experimenting with it but it looks like it will render the files a bit faster when GPU acceleration is used. Experiment with it and let us know what you find.
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Processing and rendering is so much quicker now, launching the converted file to CS6 takes about 4-5 sec previously it was 30 -40 sec!
    Using the graphics card doesn't seem to make much difference but I have selected the option.

Another issue that is baffling me is the Noise Reduction Default setting, have selected Sharpness as 3 - this works. I have selected Unsharp mask and reset to 0 but when I actually check the Unsharp mask there are positive values there. ("set as defaults" was checked)
    has any one got similar issues? Any advice please.
    Last edited by Jonathan Ashton; 05-06-2016 at 04:52 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Processing and rendering is so much quicker now, launching the converted file to CS6 takes about 4-5 sec previously it was 30 -40 sec!
    Using the graphics card doesn't seem to make much difference but I have selected the option.

Another issue that is baffling me is the Noise Reduction Default setting, have selected Sharpness as 3 - this works. I have selected Unsharp mask wand reset to 0 but when I actually check the Unsharp mask there are positive values there. ("set as defaults" was checked)
    has any one got similar issues? Any advice please.
    Problem solved, the settings have kicked in after restarting twice.