Thread: canon 500 0r 600mm lens filter holder

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default canon 500 0r 600mm lens filter holder

many years ago i took out the filter holder on my 600mm and tried it with the canon Polarizing Filter
    didnt like the results put original back in my af seems out a bit for a while now i notice one side feels curved just wondering can you put in back to front
    thanks for all help

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Willcox View Post
    many years ago i took out the filter holder on my 600mm and tried it with the canon Polarizing Filter
    didnt like the results put original back in my af seems out a bit for a while now i notice one side feels curved just wondering can you put in back to front
    thanks for all help
    Could you restate your post? I think there's a typo here or there, making it really hard to understand.

Of course, you can take the filter out and put the filter holder back in the lens with no ill effect, but your question seems to be asking more.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

david thanks the filter holder has two sides one with writing on it the other side has none iam trying to find out when you put it back in could you face it the wrong way and if it is in the wrong way can it make a difference to AF focusing

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I've got a 500/f4 II and you can turn the filter holder either way. Why don't you simply take some test shots with it in each way?