Thread: PALLID HARRIER

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default PALLID HARRIER

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi everyone,
    This is my first thread and I would like to give a brief intoduction of my self. I am Turkish and live in Istanbul. I also do most of my photography here in Istanbul. I have been following most of the forums on this site for a year now and find all the critiques especially usefull for improving my photgraphy. I thought by becoming a full member I can share some of my photographs and maybe improve my self by beeing a part of this community.
    Every once in a while I travel to the countryside early in the morning before heading to Office for work and check various perches for perched birds of prey especially in Autumn and Spring migration. (Istanbul is a big migration route for). This young male Pallid Harrier I think was too tired to worry about me and I made a lot of images of him while he preened himdself in the morning light from my Suv. I have converted the image in DPP 4..

Canon 1dx, 600mm+1.4TC, 1/1600, f 7.1

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent detail, the bird is a bit big in the frame for me, you could take of the extender...
    Funny pose, maybe you have one with both eyes visible?
    Keep them coming...
    Dan Kearl

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome Mehmet and a fine first post it is! Processing looks good the image is sharp colours great.
    The pose is interesting and unusual, whilst I like it, there is very often the feeling that seeing one and a half eyes is not so good as seeing one or two eyes, if you understand my meaning. I am looking forward to seeing more and I am sur you will enjoy and benefit from becoming a member.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Mehmet, I really like the background and the detail captured. I also like the image from the head down. I would however prefer a different head angle with more eye contact. TFS... such an awesome bird!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fun pose of a great looking bird. Nice BG and perch but the bird is looking a tad over sharpened to me.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Mehmet, I do like your different pose especially the outstretched tail and it's also a nice Bg. Looked at this earlier and was not sure about the sharping and did think it was a bit overdone.Nice different image.

Keith.