Thread: Pasque flower

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Pasque flower

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken early light, in the back garden - a stack of 6 images f6.3 1/100 sec ISO 100. Doing this outside and being at the mercy of a breeze took a few attempts. I also repeated the exercise at higher ISO.
    This time I used Photoshop, last time I used Combine ZP, in this particular instance Combine ZP resulted in some ghosting but I haven't spotted any in this Photoshop version.
    I have also used a couple of Nik filters (Tone mapping and detail) to control the contrast and enhance detail a little. The original files were very contrasted, I exposed for the highlights this left the foliage very dark as was the unopened flower. The background was rather untidy and had uneaten lighting, I have tidied it up.
    I regard this more of a technical exercise than an image of real pictorial content so as usual all comments are welcome.
    Last edited by Jonathan Ashton; 04-16-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon
    You beat me to it!
    Just got a Pasque ready to post !
    Your previous post had all the hallmarks of CZM or Combine ZP. I assumed thats what you had used even though you didnt say.This one has a problem which can be seen in the largest group of flowers. The enhancement seems too overdone. I dont think its a focus problem - mainly over processed. Combine ZP is much better than ZM as it does a much better job with lining up and adjusting the images. There is also a thorough setting which goes over it twice for good measure. I would certainly bash on with Combine ZP at this stage. Photoshop appears to have problems.
    Cheers
    John
    Last edited by John Robinson; 04-16-2016 at 06:53 AM.