Thread: Show-off

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Show-off

Name:  096A7933 - Version 2.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  282.2 KBThis little lady plopped out of the sky and landed about 20 ft away on the railing at a Refuge lookout platform I was set up on and put on quite a clean-up show. 5D MIII, EF 400 DO, ISO 800,f/8,1/1000
    Last edited by Bob Smith; 03-27-2016 at 04:49 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bob:

She gave you a very nice feather display, with nice details, enough color to add a bit of pop.

A bit tight vertically for me, although the curve of the neck/pose helps a bit.

I would be tempted to darken the pupil slightly to increase the apparent sharpness of the eye.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hmmm,w
    hy does the posting process keep cutting off the right hand 10% of my images?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good preening pose that is for sure. Nice and sharp on the subject. Not the best perch but at least its colouring is subtle enough to keep it from distracting. The BG is a little busier than I prefer, especially the stronger reddish twigs, but still not too bad.

Not sure about the posting process cutting off some canvas. Never heard of that here before. Is it happening to you often?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice image with good DOF. Good moment you captured. Is this typical of IQ of the 400DO?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the comments to all and apologies for late response--I've been afflicted with outboard motor problems for the last two days. Daniel I tried starting another thread and the same thing happened, cutting off the the tail tip of the pintail drake. I'll try reducing the size and see if that helps.I've been doing all my POST in Aperture so far Randy so doing something a specific as working with one eye will have to await my learning of PS---which I keep promising myself I'm going to start tomorrow. I think this can be typical for the 400DO Ihtisham, when the lens is in the right hands. But for me it's only sometimes typical.