Thread: A pair of Canadas preening

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A pair of Canadas preening

Name:  _93A8934 (701 of 732) - Version 2.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  333.9 KBThese two carried on like this for about 15 minutes, oblivious to all the comings and goings around them until an eagle flew over at which point they left their perch. 5DMIII,EF 400mm DO IS,1.4x Ext. III, ISO 800,f/8,1/000,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

BOB:

Good preening poses, with typical eye closed on front bird during the preen. I always try to catch them open, but you have to balance the poses you are after vs. eye open, etc!

Generally good exposure, perhaps just a bit hot on the whites by tail of front bird.

If possible, a slightly lower shooting angle would have eliminated the merge with the stump.

The dark waves in the bg just a bit distracting, might tone them down just a bit.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sharp with a nice juxtaposition of the two preening birds. Yes, a second open eye would have been a plus. The wood has some character but with the merge, it is a distraction rather than a plus.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.