Thread: Red-crowned Crane Serendipity...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red-crowned Crane Serendipity...

Attached Images Attached Images

This image was created on the 2016 Japan in Winter IPT with the Induro GIT 304L/Mongoose M3.6-mounted Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM lens, the Canon Extender EF 1.4X III, and the mega mega-pixel Canon EOS 5DS R. ISO 400. Evaluative metering +2 2/3 stops off the snow: 1/1600 sec. at f/6.3. AWB; converted in DPP 4 with Click White Balance.

61-Point Automatic Selection/Shutter Button AF was active at the moment of exposure. The system selected three AF point that grabbed the right leg of the bird in the middle. Click on the image to see a larger version.

To learn more about this image and 61-Point AF with the 5DS R check out the Exquisite in the Snow blog post here.

You can see a funky high key version either on the blog as above or in the OTB Forum here.

As for the image, don't be shy; all honest comments are welcome. a
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 03-08-2016 at 06:59 PM.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

very nice form here with almost perfectly parallel feet and necks, exposure is very good retaining detail in snow. I like the high-key version too with cranes bodies almost invisible!
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Indeed very nicely done with the handling of the whites and the similar poses of all 3 birds. Interesting reading in your blog. TFS.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Definitely a cool frame. The three poses look great and I like the fact that you have both sexes in there. The red on the heads really stands out and gives the image a nice pop of color. Neat to see the difference between the white of the cranes and the white of the snow. Well done
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Forum Participant christopher galeski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great pose of all three,some nice detail,had to use my sun glasses to look at this,TFS.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Arash, Lorant, David, and Christopher, Many thanks for your kind words. Lorant, I am glad that you enjoyed the blog. David, the browner one is a juvie; with the adults the sexes have the same plumage. Chris, you definitely need to bring your sunglasses to view the mega hi-key version!
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie:

Are you sure these aren't the Japanese equivalents of plastic pink flamingo yard ornaments that someone just stuck out there? Great symmetry makes it, as well as proper exposure and comp. Really striking.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Arthur think camera art fits the bill, simplicity at it's best, love it.

Keith.

9. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Stout View Post
    Artie:

Are you sure these aren't the Japanese equivalents of plastic pink flamingo yard ornaments that someone just stuck out there? Great symmetry makes it, as well as proper exposure and comp. Really striking.

Cheers

Randy
    Hey Randy, Well done. How did you figure out that they really are plastic lawn ornaments??? a

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This one's a beauty. Great poses, perfect exposure with almost hi-key look (I personally prefer this to the OOTB version). Lovely shot.

12. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Artie,
    great composition and community here, classic elegance. I too enjoy your blog, an additional thank you for sharing Aretha's classic elegance a few days ago; shared stirrings of my soul: beauty.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very ARTistic. Love the whites throughout the image and the reds really catch your eye.

TFS

Will

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The Master at work... thank you for sharing, Artie. Lovely image.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Bill, Ann, Will, and Joe for your kind words. Yeah, my eyes opened wide when I saw the possibilities... As for the blog and the music, I guess like BPN it ain't just birds :) a

BPN Viewer
    Sauerland, North-Rhine-Westfalia, Germany
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Arthur,
    the mega high key is not for me . but this version .... super. a master shot and I'm learning a lot from you. i`m settle back and enjoy.
    W

18. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

As other have stated very artistic, love the repeatative posture of each bird and the varying juvenile plumage color is a nice added interest. Well done

20. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What An Brilliant work and what a brilliant Image this is ..... just no wards,

LOved every aspect of it....TFS.

22. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

THis image is so pleasing. Love how they are lined up in similar poses. Nice to see the juvie included.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

24. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post