Thread: Enjoying a meal in mid-flight

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Enjoying a meal in mid-flight

Attached Images Attached Images

A brahminy kite enjoys a snack in mid-air. Guess he/she was too hungry to wait till he/she landed.
    7D II
    100-400 II at 400mm
    1/2500
    f/8
    ISO 800

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A nice pose with interesting behavior. The underwings and the under-tail coverts need to be brightened. Some NIK Detail Extractor and Tonal Contrast at reduced opacity would really help. The prey too needs to be opened up.

Is this a vertical original or a crop from a horizontal? a

ps: if you need help with the above let me know.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the feedback Artie. This was shot horizontal, I cropped it vertical for presentation. I hope the vertical is better here.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful flight shot. They, most of the kite eat in the air. Nice composition.
    Nice advice by Arthur Sir.

Regards,
    Satish.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeev Aurangabadkar View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Artie. This was shot horizontal, I cropped it vertical for presentation. I hope the vertical is better here.
    The vertical presentation is very nice. You just need to learn to open up the dark shadows... a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.