Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/1000
    Av(Aperture Value) 8.0
    Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
    Exposure Compensation 0
    ISO Speed 2000
    Auto ISO Speed ON
    Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM
    Focal Length 500.0mm

Image taken from my back garden hide, sunflower hearts used as bait, all C&C welcome

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow, very nice image, Jon. I'm envious to see that you guys have already got flowering trees and shrubs.
    I spent the end of February and the beginning of March in Budapest a few years back and everything started coming to life there flowers and green leaves.
    Then I came home to see that we still had snow on the ground.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Karl . I do don't think you would want to be here right now it's about 6 degrees C, wet and windy and dull grey skies

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Do like the pose on this one Jon, flowers add to make a lovely image.

Keith.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon
    Nice comp etc and BG. I do reckon the bird looks a little " over done" colour wise though. No big deal.
    John

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jonathan, I think the image is just beautiful; I appreciate the saturated colors, bokeh, upside down kind of playful pose and the simplicity of the image.
    Last edited by steve torna; 03-05-2016 at 10:15 AM.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Exquisite!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ihtisham Kabir View Post
    Exquisite!

Bhai, If you like an image, please let us know why. We work hard here to avoid becoming just another "great shot" forum. a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Hi Jon
    Nice comp etc and BG. I do reckon the bird looks a little " over done" colour wise though. No big deal.
    John
    John, WIth all due respect I must ask, how can you comment on the colors being off here when in other recent threads you have clearly stated that you are colour blind?
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Jon, The bird, the flowers especially, and even the white glow behind the bird are all superb. The image, however, as many do to me lately, looks much too dark. For the repost I pulled the curve up a good deal and then ran my NIK Color EFEX Pro 25/24 recipe on the bird only at 66%. a

Threads
    Thank You Posts

colors look good to me, love the flowers and how he is hanging on to the branch. I like Artie's repost
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Artie
    Thats the way I see the image.Its not the individual colours I am refering to but the intensity. Only a tad as I intimated in my reply. The main area that draws my attention is the sheen on the head which also I feel should be darker.

Compare it with Jon,s earlier posting of a great tit on the teazel.

Being colour blind as they call it does not mean I cannot see colours- its just subtle shades of some of them.. I manage OK with red /green traffic lights so it can,t be that bad !!¬!

A very high percentage of males have the same group of colour blindness any way.- many don,t like to mention it .

I am stating my comment on the way I see the bird, and thats all I can do.
    I am surrounded by great tits all and every day- dozens of them , and all I am saying is that this one looks a lot brighter in colour than any of ours.
    Cheers
    JohnR
    Last edited by John Robinson; 03-05-2016 at 04:47 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sorry John. You cannot have it two ways. When folks state that your images have clear color casts you offer a variety of excuses including your color blindness. But in every comment you have made over the past few days you comment on the color in an image. I would suggest that you either quit commenting on the colors in others images or that you offer your comment and conclude by stating that you are color blind. I am serious BTW. a

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Art
    I don't make excuses.- you don't at my age.
    There is one very simple answer to all this as Aresh has suggested -
    re other forums.

Thanks for your help over the few years I have been on this one.
    John
    BTY I still say the intensity of the colour is to much on the Great Tit picture.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

John, With all due respect when you respond to a critique you do so by making excuses. a

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fair enough, Boro Bhai. I like the acrobatic pose of the bird, the way the head and the eye shows despite the unusual pose, the way he has separated the beak from the legs, the lighting, the overall ethereal feel created by the flowers and the dramatic light where the bird fits right in. I might have increased the contrast and saturation a very small bit but that is picking nits. Ihtisham