Thread: Cranes at sunrise in the river mist: Japan

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Cranes at sunrise in the river mist: Japan

Attached Images Attached Images

Red-crowned Cranes in pre-dawn river mist

This image was created at the Otowa River Bridge in Tsurui on the Japan in Winter IPT with the hand held Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens at 222mm and the mega mega-pixel Canon EOS 5DS R. ISO 800. Evaluative metering +1/3 stop: 1/800 sec. at f/6.3 in Av mode. Shade WB.

Center AF point/AI Servo Expand/Rear Focus AF on the closest line of cranes in the center and recompose.
    Click here to see the latest version of the Rear Focus Tutorial. Click on the image to see a larger version.

See a soft/sharp multiple exposure of this scene and learn more here.

As for the image, don't be shy; all honest comments are welcome. a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wish I were there next to you...this will make a great print with the 50 Mega Pixel file!
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 02-24-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Arthur you have captured the whole scene beautifully, love the misty cold effect.

Keith.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gorgeous frame. Very nice feel of misty morning.
    Love the three-D effect. As usual great show, Arthur Sir.

Regards,
    Satish.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I've been following the blog of your trip, viewing your lovely images and wishing I were there. This birdscape is the best of the bunch.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I absolutely love it Arthur and hope to witness this beautiful scene with my own eyes next winter. Hope you are having a great trip. Best to you and safe travels.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bill and Dave,

Many thanks for your kind words. Do consider joining me on my 2017 trip. It is an expensive one as it is the best by far. You will have the services of two BBC/Nature's Best honored leaders and a Nature's Best Japan honored local guide. Each year folks are astounded by the total immersion into Japanese culture that one experiences on my trips that are based in an amazing lodge right next to one of the best Red-crowned Crane locations on the planet along with easy access to all of the other great locations and species. Plus three Snow Monkey sessions near Tokyo where we stay in a wonderfully traditional hotel. Great meals throughout with daily onsens (hot baths). Learn more by scrolling down here.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    wish I was there next to you...this will make a great print with the 50 Mega Pixel file!
    So get yourself some time off from work and join me there next year! a

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Arthur I would love to if I had more time and funds. I'm in the Tohoku area so fingers crossed I can manage 3 or 4 days next January.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Dave,

Best of luck getting there. It is amazing. a

11. Thanks Dave Johnson thanked for this post