Thread: Witch Hazel

Ron Conlon

Default Witch Hazel

Attached Images Attached Images

A stack but of only 3 frames. The overlapping bits at different depths really defeated the stacking software whien given a slew of shallow dof photos. Rather than spend hours retouching, I stacked three stopped down photos.
    Flash, printed background
    D800E 200mm F16 1/200 iso 100

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice Ron. Looks like three was enough anyway ! Just done one of these this morning befiore I saw yours. Our flowers seem to be a lot smaller.
    Good BG too !!! Working on a Frittillary at the moment- not too much about yet.
    Nice one
    John

Ron Conlon

Thanks, John. Nothing quiite lifts the spirits at this time of year as the snow piles up and the temperature plummets. We have another variety with smaller, sparser flowers as well, it bloomed in the fall this year.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good details and colours, I am kicking myself now, we have one of these and I meant to do something similar but now the blooms have gone!

Ron Conlon

Mine didn't stand a chance of getting away, I have been eyeing it all winter ;)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

We don't have this species around here - too far north, I suppose. A very interesting flower though, and your 3-shot stack seems to have done the job quite nicely! As usual, very nice light, comp, and background!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is fantastic -- I've never seen anything like this. The stacking looks perfect to me. I can see you guys building little tents around your prized specimens until they are ready to make their debut.