Thread: Theme: Cowboy Guitarist at Coop's Place

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme: Cowboy Guitarist at Coop's Place

Attached Images Attached Images

Photo made and processed with iPhone 6s Plus with Enlight and Pic Tap Go apps and a bit of Photoshopping to merge 3 differently apped versions and added the vignette and border and one texture in Exposure 7. This strangely dressed manikin with a sombrero on it's head and a scarf was sitting on the porch at Coop's Place junk shop as I passed by so I stopped to take pics with my phone.
    Last edited by Judy Howle; 02-07-2016 at 11:39 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ok, now I MUST learn more about using my 6s....The manikin in the center adds a "human" element to the junk on the porch and windows. The apps give it a most modern look. LOve the colors, too.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Hazel! Get ProCamera camera app, it rocks! Even has exposure compensation! And Enlight is a lot of fun. I use Snapseed (free) for basic editing, it's great for that but I'm not crazy about their filters.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The triad color scheme works very nicely, and the scene you captured is interesting. I'd probably stop there, too, and would venture inside. Especially with all the elements in the scene, the image has a fairly high level of intensity. I wonder how it would look with maybe one less filter.

Based on your recommendation of ProCamera, I looked at what they have on their website and downloaded the user manual. I'm now waiting to hear back from them with answers to some questions I had. Except for some occasional focusing problems, I'm perfectly happy with my current app. Do you have any focus issues with ProCamera? Does your version have the manual focus beta? If it does and if you've used it, what do you think?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Dennis. I will take another look at the .psd with the 3 composited images but most of what you see was done with one preset that was heavy on the grunge. Another one just brought out the actual image more but in an illustrative grunge style.

I haven't done a lot of experimenting with ProCamera but it works well and focuses fine. I have not tried manual focus. From my reading of blogs and such, a lot of pro iPhone photographers, some of which are also SLR and Photoshop pros, use ProCamera and I was already using it after the first good review I read when I discovered that. So basically I've only used it on all my iPhones and they have added a lot more features since I got my first one 5 yrs ago.

I need to go on the website and download the manual! I didn't know they had one available but it would be helpful as I'm sure I'm not familiar with all the features.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Bishop View Post
    The triad color scheme works very nicely, and the scene you captured is interesting. I'd probably stop there, too, and would venture inside. Especially with all the elements in the scene, the image has a fairly high level of intensity. I wonder how it would look with maybe one less filter.

Based on your recommendation of ProCamera, I looked at what they have on their website and downloaded the user manual. I'm now waiting to hear back from them with answers to some questions I had. Except for some occasional focusing problems, I'm perfectly happy with my current app. Do you have any focus issues with ProCamera? Does your version have the manual focus beta? If it does and if you've used it, what do you think?

Lifetime Member Michael Gerald-Yamasaki's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Judy,

Greetings. What an interesting scene! The readable text adds to the potpourri of visual delights. Always great to see something different. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

7. Thanks Judy Howle thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is definitely a Judy Howle! I like the colors a lot, as well as the composition. What a place you found.
    For me, the focus is more on the place rather than the manikin. I think this is because the lighter areas are above the manikin, leaving him in a darker area.
    I like seeing what you are doing with your smart phone. What fun! Do you do the editing on the phone itself? I found that it was too small for me.

9. Thanks Judy Howle thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Judy, you're doing some great stuff with your phone!
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

11. Thanks Judy Howle thanked for this post