Thread: Theme - small in the frame - Swamp sparrow in the cattails

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme - small in the frame - Swamp sparrow in the cattails

Attached Images Attached Images

I decided to try posting here again after a long gap, so when I saw this month's theme I thought that this one might work. Taken in October 2015 at a local marsh in Nova Scotia - with Nikon D7100, 300 f4PF-VR and 1.4TCE-ll hand-held, cropped vertical to suit this month's theme and keep the vertical lines of the cat-tails, but otherwise no changes to the image apart from sharpening and nr. Manual settings at ISO720, 1/1250, f7.1. Raw file processed in LR.

Thanks for looking, and comments.

Richard

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Definitely fits the theme. Nice pose from the Swamp Sparrow, with a good sharp eye. My only wish would be for the LH cattail pod not to have been cut off so close to the top. I think I'd rather see the whole form complete, or cut further down.

How is the AF with the 1.4 TC and the 300PF combo? Judging from this, it seems to work OK.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Bill, The 1.4/ 300PF combo works really well. The auto-focus and sharpness are at least as quick and good as the older 300f4 + 1.4, and this weighs about half as much, is easier to pack for travel, and has VR.

Richard