Default Brown Hooded Parrots - Costa Rica

5D3, 600mm, f4, 1/1000, 1250, 0

Name:  2Y1A3258.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  362.2 KB

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful light and colours, I would definitely disguise the sawn off end to the log, either clone or content aware fill. I am not sure if I am being hypercritical but are the eyes pin sharp, the one the right looks a little out to me - could be DOF?
    The background is super silky smooth and someone once said to me, " if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is". I know we tend to go for non intrusive backgrounds, indeed I would too but when you see images from Costa Rica they sometimes look set up - albeit most beautifully, if there was just a hint of something in the background I think your very good shot would have even better. Nevertheless a very appealing image, well done.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice poses, great colors, beautiful tropical perch. I don't mind the silky smooth BG, although I'll admit that a little more variation wouldn't hurt. It appears to me that greater DOF would help the detail in the LH bird and in the head/eye of the RH bird, and might also give some added definition to the bg. Still, it's a colorful tropical image.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

As Jon indicated: " I would definitely disguise the sawn off end to the log, either clone or content aware fill."
    I fully agree. Beautiful image none de less.