Thread: birds as art: The Avian Photography of Arthur Morris/The Top 100

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default birds as art: The Avian Photography of Arthur Morris/The Top 100

Attached Images Attached Images

birds as art: The Avian Photography of Arthur Morris/The Top 100

My latest e-book, created on a wing and a prayer in less than two weeks–see Harebrained Scheme here–includes the 67 spectacular images that are currently hanging in the Ordover Gallery at the San Diego Natural History Museum in a career-retrospective solo exhibition. In addition, there are an additional 33 images in the spectacular e-book that barely missed making the show.

This exhibition companion e-book makes it possible for everyone to “visit” TheNAT gallery and, in addition, to enjoy seeing my top one hundred bird photographs under one roof. Each image includes a title, the species name, the location, relevant EXIF data, and an anecdotal caption.

Please click here to purchase the physical CD; your purchase price includes shipping to all US addresses. If you would like your CD signed on the inside cover with a black Sharpie, you will need to place your order by phone and request a signed copy: 863-692-0906. For our Canadian friends we are offering the CD for $28 with shipping to Canada via phone orders only: 863-692-0906.

Overseas folks, and anyone else as well, can purchase the e-book via convenient download for $20 by clicking here.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

2. Thanks Krishna Prasad kotti thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Click here for the full story of my wondrous day.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Congratulations Artie, you are both a legend and a treasure. Word has it, all the birds want you to take their photograph! Thanks for all you do, Ann

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by annmpacheco View Post
    Congratulations Artie, you are both a legend and a treasure. Word has it, all the birds want you to take their photograph! Thanks for all you do, Ann
    Thanks for your more than kind words Ann. I wrote elsewhere tonight that I wish that I had as much time as I used to to spend here on BPN. But I do pop in when I can :) a

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, congratulations on your exhibit... also thank you for all the help and knowledge you have shared with me through commenting on my images and with your books and cd.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

7. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations on your exhibit Artie,gives us something to strive for, thanks for the encouragement.

Keith.

9. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Don't know how they could limit you to only 100!.......Congratulations!
    Adopt the pace of Nature; her secret is patience. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations on your exhibit. Looks like a great collection of your beautiful work.

12. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Hallowell View Post
    Don't know how they could limit you to only 100!.......Congratulations!
    :) It was not easy getting down to 100... a

14. Thanks Sharon Hallowell thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations on your exhibit. I can only imagine how much work it took.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Scarr View Post
    Congratulations on your exhibit. I can only imagine how much work it took.
    Many thanks. Aside from creating the companion CD the exhibit it self was not a great deal of work. Oh, getting the sponsors was tough. The real work was the 30+ years of making the images :) a

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congrats on what looks like a wonderful display. Your hard work and dedication shows up for all to see.

18. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations on what I would consider a monumental lifetime achievement and a compulation of your lives work!! What a great honor to have your best work displayed for thousands of people to enjoy. The exhibit looks fantastic and I want to get down there to check it out. Definitely something to be proud of!!
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Salem View Post
    Congratulations on what I would consider a monumental lifetime achievement and a compulation of your lives work!! What a great honor to have your best work displayed for thousands of people to enjoy. The exhibit looks fantastic and I want to get down there to check it out. Definitely something to be proud of!!
    Many thanks David. Your accomplishments are right on a par with mine and done over a lot shorter time period :) artie ps: I'll be back in SD in mid-March for two weeks...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for that Arthur. Means allot to me coming from "THE" innovator of the discipline of photography that I enjoy so much!! Will you be at the museum in March or are you out shooting?
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

YAW; my comments about you were well deserved. I am actually headed back to San Diego for some surgery mid- to late March. If you e-mail me at the samandmayasgrandpa@att.net address and let me know when you are there I would love to try and meet you. a

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, congrats on a great exhibit showcasing a lifetime of passion and patience.
    My girlfriend is always amazed at the time we put in to get a "shot" and always appreciates the final outcome.
    Here's to many more shots... Congratulations again.

-Tim

24. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post