Thread: Juvenile Bald Eagle

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Juvenile Bald Eagle

Attached Images Attached Images

Nikon D810, 1/640 @ F 8, ISO 800, -1 EV, 500 F4, handheld out of car window. This should be notated as "Theme" . Thought I had clicked theme and do not know how to edit it.
    Last edited by Roy Priest; 02-03-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Roy,While this one looks fairly sharp and the exposure looks fine, the image does not do much for me with a less than ideal perch, and the bird too small in the frame and placed near the center. Do you use any of the Nikon TCEs? a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, this should have had theme in front of the post. The theme is small in the frame. I thought I had clicked on theme but I guess I didn't. I use the 1.4 at times usually with the 300mm and sometimes the 500mm. I have tried the 1.7 with the 500 but was less than impressed although it worked reasonably well with the 300.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It fits the theme, but the pose is not ideal as it is turning away from us.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Priest View Post
    Artie, this should have had theme in front of the post. The theme is small in the frame. I thought I had clicked on theme but I guess I didn't. I use the 1.4 at times usually with the 300mm and sometimes the 500mm. I have tried the 1.7 with the 500 but was less than impressed although it worked reasonably well with the 300.
    Thanks Roy. To be effective, "small in the frame" images need to feature lots of gorgeous habitat... Respectfully, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am sorry to say this one isn't working for me as a theme image. There are parts of the branches that are blown out and fairly distracting. The bird isn't really engaging with the viewer b/c it's turned away.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for all the comments. Live and learn.