Thread: Having an argument about food

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Having an argument about food

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks , these two were having an argument about food recourse , as the coot was diving for water plants the gull was awaiting the return to the surface of the same . Hoping to get some leftovers or maybe grabbing some water insects , snails etc that came to the surface with the plants , well this is my guess .
    Couldn't see any details as they were quite far off .

Wonder if that works for the theme ... or are the subjects already too big in the frame ?
    I wished i had a day without wind and a lower shooting angle ..... but we have to take it as is from time to time .

Canon EOS 1Dx
    EF 200- 400 IS L with TC engaged so 560 mm focal length .
    HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 1250 ; 1/2500 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; cropped for comp from bottom and slightly all around for leveling the frame . Some gardening in the BG .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my last posting

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice interaction between the birds and it is good to have eye contact with both of them. I'd loos the majority of dead space on the side and go with a tighter crop. TFS.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the action, exposure and defensive/aggressive poses you captured here. Composition wise I would come in tighter to play up the action, up from the bottom and eliminate some of the empty space on our right. That of course is personal taste. Very well done Andreas.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice image, Andreas. Cropping the bottom a little bit might be a good idea and I actually prefer the action to happen on the right side of the frame (negative space on the left), but center composition would work, too. I really like the tension from the interaction of the two birds.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The behavior you have captured here is terrific.
    Great exposure and real treat to see the blacks and whites well exposed.
    If the IQ can handle it I would crop a lot from the RHS to the beginning of the wake made by the coot. A square crop could work here,
    Gail

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love the image as presented as the composition is beautifully balanced. On second thought, many half off of the empty space on the right to bring it back to 3X2. Love, love, love the action and the gull and the perfect EXP.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Action is great, light is great but both are small in the frame, I would eliminate the dead space if the IQ holds

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely shot Andreas, I wonder what do you think about 4:3 crop, I would also consider reducing the saturation and slightly brighten the water.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks so much to all of you who commented to this thread , i fully understand your thoughts regarding the crop .
    But as this was posted for this month theme , i did not want to crop tighter , plus i do not like to pixel bash . I hope you understand !!!
    Jon thanks for the pointer regarding the blue water , i am actually fine with the color and sat as posted .For sure i could follow your thinking and it would not look bad though , but as said i like it more the way i posted this .I had a lighter version , but decided to go this way ......

Cheers Andreas