Thread: Not able to post from my home computer

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Not able to post from my home computer

For some reason I am not able to post from my home computer but I have no problem from my work computer. I don't think I am doing anything different. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Do you have a satellite ISP? We used to, and had some connection issues with BPN and a few other sites, but they weren't consistent. Problem ended when we found we could get a microwave link to a land-based system.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes I do Diane. I live in a pretty rural area so unfortunately that's all I have access to.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

We are in a "holler" up in wine country all of 50-60 miles from downtown San Francisco, and we might as well be in a Himalayan valley. We had Hughes.net for years, and when they announced their new GenX a couple of years ago we upgraded and went to the middle level of service and speed. That helped a little but any satellite service has lag time issues due to the signal needing to round-trip to a satellite. Some web sites were worse than others, and BPN, for whatever reason, was one we had the most trouble with.

I suspect lag time is your issue, frustrating as that may be. Maybe Peter Kes could be of some help. I'll check with him.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think the issue is just lag time. Whenever I click reply to thread it just hangs up. Both computers are windows based and I can send images via email from my home computer. It may be a little slower than my work computer but it doesn't hang up. BPN is the only site I have had this problem with from home. As long as I am able to use my work computer I will be happy. I just may be slow in my response time to threads at times. Thanks for taking my issue into consideration. :)