Thread: Noise

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Noise

Attached Images Attached Images

Thi shot , for me isn't so bad for light and dynamic situation..but...the rumor is very a big problem!
    Whe the light is no the best is very difficult avoid noise on the eagle ...also using iso no too much high..and also , as I made, overexposing of 1-2 stop...
    Have yu anty tips about ?
    I use win so for me isn't ry the new program for Mac ..I read it works very well for rumor
    I also used Lightroom and Dpp ( I have the very useful manual of Arash)..but nothing...
    Canon 7D mark II
    Canon 500 f.4 + extender 1,4
    f.3,2
    f 1/2550
    iso 1250
    Last edited by arash_hazeghi; 12-15-2015 at 12:06 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think that you are using the word "rumor" incorrectly. Do you mean noise?
    Gail

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

yes you are corect : noise!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks like you did what you should have in-camera to minimize the noise. Just one question: did you need to recover the shadows during post processing?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gio,

I would like to help but unfortunately I can't quite understand what your problem is, it sounds like post processing but I am not sure...

best
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes I had to recovey shadow..so more problems

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Arash
    thanks for your reply.
    I like this shoot but, for me too much noise in the eagle.
    I think I made all right in camera to avoid ..but noise there is..
    I tried in pp with different programs but all were no fine.
    This for me is a problem becouse I have some other photos in the same condition and I would like find the way for the best solution
    Thanks a lot

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Giovanni a nice pose of the eagle and the surroundings do look too .
    If exposed correctly ISO 1250 should have not been an issue ...... " Expose to the right " is the key IMHO .
    By following your posts in the past and specially in " wildlife " ... i know many times you " hammer " the images with too much of contrast and " local contrast enhancement " , without knowing my guess is you might have used a NIK filter or something similar ......

If so , stay away from this kind of edit , unless you can master these filters , if used with a slow hand and even more in combo with a lumo mask they can be useful at times . This NIK stuff gives quick results at first look .... but the second look does make the disadvantage of the filters visible , mainly you amplify noise with most of the so called " contrast filters " wether they are from NIK or other PS plugins . One can do the same stuff within PS ... it just takes a bit longer to work .

Also not a good idae to jump between different programs , why not stay with DPP or LR , or something else . I know you have posted also images processed with DXO ,.......
    I think you should concentrate on DPP and LR as an alternative ..... and master them then you have enough to play with and learn them both .

BTW it is mostly the operator who is not able to get the full potential out of the software and the image ..... not the software itself , just my 2 cents .

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

[QUOTE=Andreas Liedmann;1097851]Hi Giovanni a nice pose of the eagle and the surroundings do look too .
    If exposed correctly ISO 1250 should have not been an issue ...... " Expose to the right " is the key IMHO .
    By following your posts in the past and specially in " wildlife " ... i know many times you " hammer " the images with too much of contrast and " local contrast enhancement " , without knowing my guess is you might have used a NIK filter or something similar ......

If so , stay away from this kind of edit , unless you can master these filters , if used with a slow hand and even more in combo with a lumo mask they can be useful at times . This NIK stuff gives quick results at first look .... but the second look does make the disadvantage of the filters visible , mainly you amplify noise with most of the so called " contrast filters " wether they are from NIK or other PS plugins . One can do the same stuff within PS ... it just takes a bit longer to work .

Also not a good idae to jump between different programs , why not stay with DPP or LR , or something else . I know you have posted also images processed with DXO ,.......
    I think you should concentrate on DPP and LR as an alternative ..... and master them then you have enough to play with and learn them both .

BTW it is mostly the operator who is not able to get the full potential out of the software and the image ..... not the software itself , just my 2 cents .

Thanks Andreas
    Normally is use Nick etail Extractor and Tonal Contrast but with very low profile...
    Without sometimes the shoots no is very "dinamic"
    This is the same shoot without using them...the photo have less dtailalso if it is less artefact..
    What you think ?
    Ciao
    Gio

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gio , i am now at home to look on my proper screen .... i try to be honest .... both versions do look not very good to me .
    Colors do look off , worst in second post , what is the weird looking stuff in ULC ?
    Second post does look as there is too much noise reduction applied ..... but the price of post nr 1 ( detail with DE and Tonal contrast ) is too high .
    From the file name i think this is processed with DXO ??!!! I tried myself this piece of software just for fun .... and deleted it after just 2 images .

If this image is sharp .... in capture , i would try as i stated before DPP 4 / LR ...

From just looking here to your versions , i think it is just operator error from the beginning in software .
    As you have the wrong WB , too much of contrast , lacking critical sharpness , blocked shadows , blown highlights , wrong colors in parts , detail eliminated with too strong NR .

This sounds very negative , but i am just trying to be honest , my tip is master the raw conversion and do less in PS .... just a thought .

But you can send me the RAW file and i will have look , what i can make in DPP for you .

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andreas
    thanks for your kindly reply.
    I ask your pardon for my bad english ..so, for me, it is also more difficult understand sometimes your tips and explain you my problem : thanks for your patience!
    I tried also usind Dpp but no more happy.
    Fist question, please no problem to reply, if is this shoot is ok (if well pp) ..to avoid loose time for a no good photos...but could important know how you proceed becouse I have some other files and could be possibe the same problem.
    If I will find the right workflow they could be all better.
    No proble to send you my raw..by we trasfer to which mail address ?
    Ciao
    Gio

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gio,
    I agree with Andreas, you are taking a descent RAW file and ruining it with those filters and just bad processing. IMO most of those filters are redundant. If an image is sharp and well exposed you don't need to do much to make a quality output. Do you have the DPP4 guide? If so, ask someone to translate it for you and just follow those steps, nothing more, nothing less.
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog