Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Best/Favorite Image of 2015

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Hi Stu, I know that I am breaking the guidelines here but I liked this one so much that I just had to work on it a bit, mostly to eliminate the YELLOW color cast on the subject, plus some my NIK CEP 25/25 recipe on the bird only. Perhaps someone will forgive me :) a
    OH
    MY
    GOD

Mr Morris (out of respect earnt, but please can we be Stu and Artie now) you honour me good sir!! Artie,I'm mad rush, dashing from pillar to post, so popping in for a few momments to try and squeeze a bit more in to this unyeilding head of mine and I find this,i'm utterly bewildered humbled not great with words Artie!! How lovely of ya mate!!

Artie, these brethren of yours have been so kind,i'm here weeks and they push me and encourage i've learnt so many things and ponder so much my head hurts,i'm in awe of the time given. It's a precious thing in this world of ours that folks care about and help without asking back... thanks Artie for the imagination of a teacher applied to this with folks of a like mind.

Artie I am mad rush and seriously blown away on an emotional level that you liked my second chance, that she gave me.I need time to look hard and ponder what you have done can I say thanks and come back please I'm not really in a position to assess anything much,but had to make it clear how much joy you just gave me.

Artie I do adore the repost,can't articulate the kindness very humbled what can I say , other than thank you

take care

Stu

ps thankyou

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stu,

re:

OH MY GOD

Glad that you liked.

Mr Morris (out of respect earnt, but please can we be Stu and Artie now) you honour me good sir!!

Actually, I prefer artie to either of the above. And thanks for the respect intended and given :)

Artie,I'm mad rush, dashing from pillar to post, so popping in for a few momments to try and squeeze a bit more in to this unyeilding head of mine and I find this,i'm utterly bewildered humbled not great with words Artie!! How lovely of ya mate!!

I only wish that I had more time to devote to BPN. But I am huge busy with my amazingly educational blog and with travels. I fly to Japan on Sunday for 2 1/2 weeks.

Artie, these brethren of yours have been so kind,i'm here weeks and they push me and encourage i've learnt so many things and ponder so much my head hurts, i'm in awe of the time given. It's a precious thing in this world of ours that folks care about and help without asking back... thanks Artie for the imagination of a teacher applied to this with folks of a like mind.

Stu, all that I can say is that I understand and agree and that you are too kind. I hope that in some way my 26,660 posts here and my work on my blog has inspired others even though I am not around as much as I used to be.

Artie I am mad rush and seriously blown away on an emotional level that you liked my second chance, that she gave me.I need time to look hard and ponder what you have done can I say thanks and come back please I'm not really in a position to assess anything much,but had to make it clear how much joy you just gave me.

:) and surely.

Artie I do adore the repost,can't articulate the kindness very humbled what can I say , other than thank you

YAW. a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stu,

re:

OH MY GOD

Glad that you liked.

Mr Morris (out of respect earnt, but please can we be Stu and Artie now) you honour me good sir!!

Actually, I prefer artie to either of the above. And thanks for the respect intended and given :)

Artie,I'm mad rush, dashing from pillar to post, so popping in for a few momments to try and squeeze a bit more in to this unyeilding head of mine and I find this,i'm utterly bewildered humbled not great with words Artie!! How lovely of ya mate!!

I only wish that I had more time to devote to BPN. But I am huge busy with my amazingly educational blog and with travels. I fly to Japan on Sunday for 2 1/2 weeks.

Artie, these brethren of yours have been so kind,i'm here weeks and they push me and encourage i've learnt so many things and ponder so much my head hurts, i'm in awe of the time given. It's a precious thing in this world of ours that folks care about and help without asking back... thanks Artie for the imagination of a teacher applied to this with folks of a like mind.

Stu, all that I can say is that I understand and agree and that you are too kind. I hope that in some way my 26,660 posts here and my work on my blog has inspired others even though I am not around as much as I used to be.

:) and surely.

YAW. a
    artie,thanks again as is outlined i'm learning all this ha that will never stop,but it is early days for me. I guess this is so special to me because it's that first image i've taken with my 1Div that really convinced me all the saving was worth while to get my new camera. I know photographers make the pictures,but as in all forms of life good tools are a joy to work with and my old brick is just that as well as something for me to grow into.

artie at this time I am only processing in dpp i'm hoping PS will follow soon so I can't do anything much selectively,i'm aware of nik but not CEP could you briefly enlighten me please or point me in a direction where I can do some research,i've hit a blank so far. The light was very strange that day I'm not yet assimilating all this as a photographer just a layman that looks and knows my patch. We are sat in the base of a shallow valley in fairly thick fog with blue sky showing occasionally above.I think the understory of autumn Hazel leaves are responsible for the yellow cast but hey it could be my doing. Andreas has also helped me with this very image( the guys have been incredibly kind he even took time to make me a little video) and Dpp so i've learnt a bit since posting this predominantly how the eye dropper tool can be used with regards to WB and also the use of gamma . I'm not great with the digital word artie ha or letters,so assimilating all this is very slow,but it's getting there slowly i'm really concentrated on the basics .

what you have done to my picture is wonderful artie again thanks so much for the time,did you sharpen her at all or use any noise reduction on the background. the colour is obviously much better on the bird itself but you have stayed pretty close to where the background of leaves appeared as far as I can remember.

Finally have the most wonderful and safe trip to Japan,not being widely traveled I can only dream of such things,but i'm very fortunate to have much to try for here in the middle of blighty,just wish I could get more time in with all this. Watching all these amazing animals and birds has always brought joy to me and my darling trying to take their pictures is something I adore,who knows whether i'll ever really master it ,but i'm having a blast on my little journey which is so often as important as the end result.

Don't rush to reply artie,you have done enough for me already with this repost,especially on the back of another long hard physical day, when I saw this I was utterly gobsmacked you made my week artie and probably have no idea how uplifting this was

take care

stu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Stu,

re:

artie,thanks again as is outlined i'm learning all this ha that will never stop,but it is early days for me.

I am confused by what you mean by "ha."

I guess this is so special to me because it's that first image i've taken with my 1Div that really convinced me all the saving was worth while to get my new camera. I know photographers make the pictures,but as in all forms of life good tools are a joy to work with and my old brick is just that as well as something for me to grow into.

Good tools only help proficient carpenters...

artie at this time I am only processing in dpp i'm hoping PS will follow soon so I can't do anything much selectively,i'm aware of nik but not CEP could you briefly enlighten me please or point me in a direction where I can do some research,i've hit a blank so far.

CEP is NIK's Color EFEX Pro. You need to get Photoshop running first as it is a plug-in. Then do a search on my blog for NIK 50-50. I use that recipe often. It is detailed in my Digital Basics file.

The light was very strange that day I'm not yet assimilating all this as a photographer just a layman that looks and knows my patch. We are sat in the base of a shallow valley in fairly thick fog with blue sky showing occasionally above.I think the understory of autumn Hazel leaves are responsible for the yellow cast but hey it could be my doing.

Not you. Just a suffusion of light from those loverly leaves.

Andreas has also helped me with this very image( the guys have been incredibly kind he even took time to make me a little video) and Dpp so i've learnt a bit since posting this predominantly how the eye dropper tool can be used with regards to WB and also the use of gamma . I'm not great with the digital word artie ha or letters,so assimilating all this is very slow,but it's getting there slowly i'm really concentrated on the basics .

That is the way to do it.

What you have done to my picture is wonderful artie again thanks so much for the time,did you sharpen her at all or use any noise reduction on the background.

No and no.

The colour is obviously much better on the bird itself but you have stayed pretty close to where the background of leaves appeared as far as I can remember.

Yes, I selected only the bird and corrected the color on that layer only.

Finally have the most wonderful and safe trip to Japan,not being widely traveled I can only dream of such things, but i'm very fortunate to have much to try for here in the middle of blighty, just wish I could get more time in with all this. Watching all these amazing animals and birds has always brought joy to me and my darling trying to take their pictures is something I adore,who knows whether i'll ever really master it ,but i'm having a blast on my little journey which is so often as important as the end result.

For sure. Many tanks again for your kind words.

Don't rush to reply artie,you have done enough for me already with this repost,especially on the back of another long hard physical day, when I saw this I was utterly gobsmacked you made my week artie and probably have no idea how uplifting this was.

Mon pleasir Stu. a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey artie how are you?
    artie you are the busiest guy in the world and I can't keep up,yee gads. Ha= truncated ha ha .or maybe ah ha always said with the biggest smile and dependent on subject matter wistful or sometimes English irony, hmm, not quite the drier than desert stuff,I try to keep that in hand as not everyone understands. plausibly should be accompanied by an explanation mark. artie make no bones about the fact that Eng lang is a big struggle in my life this is my achelies,but I have to use it so sometimes ok often, I laugh at myself. I guess this is in some way similar to "tanks" but you know what you are doing with Eng lang. moi not so much.

artie may I send you a pm, please? This is your forum,but still i'm me and this is Rachel's thread,I can't help but care about others mate,you liking my image enough to work on is so special for me, it;s poorly articulated above,but I just can't derail Rachel''s thread for me,it feels uneasy. I really hope this is getting over in the spirit intended.I know I'm not the best with words but I feel it's my turn to ask for forgiveness from Rachel. As much as I desparately want to talk to you I have to think of a lass that always encourages me ,this is in no way a snub artie. It's just me being who I am on a personal level.I'm so humbled by all this mate!!

Before I go artie, I do read some of your blog (can't keep up but quietly learn stuff) so have read of your nik 50/50 what I want to say though you made an image of a pelican pink background white washed rock ,seminal mate for me, the line between could i paint that and a photograph had me pondering for hours still do

take care

stu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Stuart for all of your kind words. I hate PMs. Best is to go to the blog and shoot me an e-mail. I have however, long been a champion of threads taking off on tangents so long as learning is taking place so here is fine too :) a

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Stuart for all of your kind words. I hate PMs. Best is to go to the blog and shoot me an e-mail. I have however, long been a champion of threads taking off on tangents so long as learning is taking place so here is fine too :) a
    Hiya artie,sorry so slow in replying. artie I agree with your sentiments( I go off topic for a pastime oft when trying to help another) . But in this case a sticky with hopefully more incredible images still to come from other members shot in 2015 I'd really like to think of the group first not moi.

But what about me posting my spar in ETL then I can quizz you(when you have time of course) and maybe someone else can learn a bit too,it seems like a cool compromise where I can be true to me . Maybe some of this can be moved there(ETL) I dunno, I'm sure you and the mods could move some of this somehow.

I just feel this thread is a bit special for everyone here and as a new guy who has been shown huge kindness I sort of want every member to post their favorite image and me not be in the way of that. I personally have loved looking at every one's images

Buddy on all levels THANK YOU I do hope I am getting this out in the spirit intended ,I find it hard to give back here,maybe this is my tiny way of saying thanks to everyone

hope you are having a ball in japan

best

stu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12