Thread: Bathing tree Creeper

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bathing tree Creeper

Attached Images Attached Images

I put this in the theme as we are a bit short of long beak jobbies over here! This is a small bird but in relation the beak is pretty big I suppose. Dividing my time between puddle and wader scrape. Hard decisions to make.
    This one was from tea time today- terrible light as you cansee by the specs. hence sharpness lacking a bit.
    Cheers
    Nikor 70-300
    1000 ISO
    80th @f9
    & 5 0f frame.
    Neat image and bit of sharpening.
    One or two white blobs in back removed.
    Cheers
    Thanks for looking.
    JohnR

Threads
    Thank You Posts

John:

The soft lid did give very saturated colors on the bird, nice catchlight.

The yellow ferns above the head are a bit distracting, perhaps tone them down just a bit.

The head angle is certainly non traditional.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think you have achieved the near impossible...I just took my proverbial hat off to you

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Am I correct in suspecting that you had cloned stuff between the birds' right wing and the two submerged leaves? Somewhere in the upper right ROT intersection point?
    If there is a chance, I would suggest to try to clean stuff from the pond before you settle in the hide. Although, maybe that's not an option and bits float in or get pushed out as they bathe?

I'd really love to see some shots with a more side-on view and at least some eye contact. Many of the recent shots I've seen from you, while they are very lovely, seem to have the birds facing away from you.
    While it's not a huge issue perhaps, but you'd get a bit more sharpness overall from tip of bill to tail. Just a thought. Not sure how you'd get them side-on to be honest. It's a tricky one for sure.

Lovely image and thanks for sharing.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Thanks all.Yes- as I said several bright spots cloned or toned above the bird.
    Its no good arranging stuff before you getin as it changes and the bathing birds swish it around. I put the shot in which is below my normal standard just to show the beak. Its good to get anythingat 80th of a second. It is by no means easy to get the birds side on every time and I reckon sometimes a slightly away look can be useful. Thanks for looking. I may get a better one today if it stops bright.
    Cheers
    John

Threads
    Thank You Posts

TFS, you handled the bad light well.

Ben

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

That has to be a rare sighting...great job in capturing it. In an ideal world, a lower angle, better angle to subject and head angle would be best. I think that bill is long enough to qualify for the theme.

TFS
    Geoff