Thread: The playful boys of Helgoland

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The playful boys of Helgoland

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all ,a short and typical scene when the Helgoland boys start or run their play fighting on the beach , this was happening in early summer so only playing not seriously fighting . Serious jobs are happening during our winter when the seal pups are born ,and the females are coming back into heat shortly after having given birth to the pups .

Hope you like this short imagery

Cheers and happy light to all of you out there.

Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas, you know how to surprise!

This is AWESOME! What action, PP work impeccable, great IQ, beautiful colours, love the fun and games from the pups, all in all a set of flawless images that tell the story of those young seals as you saw it through your (Canon) lens

I do have a favourite though...the last frame. There's something elegant about the pose from the two, but not just that - maybe it is the eye contact... or those little menacing teeth showing, perhaps it is those two shapes that dominate the image, so fused together.

Love this sequence Andreas, thank you from the heart. I wish more photographers would venture to post in this Forum and not just view, although I understand (from my own experience) that it takes some time and effort to process a number of images that tell a story. I am guilty myself of hesitating from time to time, but every now and then a few images just add up so well... I have many ideas brewing but I still have to find the time to put those into practice. Just keep in mind that this Forum is not just about wildlife and avian...anything goes!

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriela thanks a very big bunch for your very kind reply , as always a pleasure to follow your wording/thoughts on your own and others images !!!!

These " Pups" are fairly big boys Gabriela , do not want to come into trouble with this guys !!! And they play rough !!!

If time allows i will try to post more in "your" forum Gabriela , but as yourself said it is a bit more time consuming to produce a sequence .

But i hope for you that more will chime in ..... just kick some ....... never saw Mr K . posting here , so kindly ask him to do so with your velvety voice ..... my little sister .

Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas, I often think I spend more time viewing and writing than I spend doing PP work, LOL. A good exercise though, I am pursuing both my passions at the same time, writing and photography.

Hope you post some more when you have time, I just love your seals!!! I admit I have not done enough to promote this Forum and I believe not everyone knows of its existence. As you can see, I am still very loyal to Wildlife, not only I enjoy it there but this is where I learnt just about everything I know.

Err...I have not asked Mr. K, I know he will surprise me some day

Have a super evening, I am off to pack a few things for my trip, back later if I get a chance... I might take my laptop with , just to check what is happening on BPN in the evenings...
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Where are you going to ?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nothing do do with photography, I am afraid. A business trip to Johannesburg that'll keep me walking from 9am to 5pm... a spending spree - I have to purchase goods for the Pharmacy to last us a whole year:) Back on Sunday, I think there is internet connection where I am staying so I'll try pop in to BPN in the evenings to check what is going on! So keep posting, please
    Gabriela Plesea

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - This works very well as a sequence and does explain how you can spend so many days watching your beloved seals. Nice action, well captured. It shows that the individual frames don't always do the subject justice.

TFS,
    Rachel

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent sequence of images with a lovely low POV that tells the story nicely Andreas with the 4th my fav

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great series of images. I like the low POV you got on the seals. Love being able to see this kind of interaction in several photos. Nicely done Andreas.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Terrific sequence. I wasn't sure what kind of "playing" was going on until I read your explanation. I agree that the final image is the strongest.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook