Thread: La Push Beach Sunset

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default La Push Beach Sunset

Attached Images Attached Images

For this one I started with Perfect Effects using a glow preset for a soft glow effect. Then I used Exposure 7 including a light leak which was perfect for putting a stronger "reflection" of the sunset into the water! It was not applied full strength. It also applied a pinkish leak on the lower left and right sides. The sun flare is real.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful light and colors. I like the reflection across the water and the sun spots! My only wish is that the sun was a bit more off center.
    I'm going to check out Perfect Effects.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Anita, I appreciate the comments! The sun is not much more than 1/3 from the left and that's where it chose to set, LOL. Having the other elements on each side balanced it all out for me so I didn't even notice it looking too centered.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Howle View Post
    Thanks Anita, I appreciate the comments! The sun is not much more than 1/3 from the left and that's where it chose to set, LOL. Having the other elements on each side balanced it all out for me so I didn't even notice it looking too centered.
    It's not a big deal.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very pretty Judy, the light leaks work well to add some glow. The sea stacks make nice compositional elements.
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the composition. Having been there, there is not a lot of leeway to move the sun's position and keep the sea stacks in a good composition. But it's no fair that you got a clear sunset!! (And hope you didn't have lunch in the same place we did...)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very pretty Judy, it makes you wonder how the trees got there and survive. I like the silhouette and the lens flare, the sun placement looks fine to me. BTW, a friendly reminder, we have new guidelines for posting, which is further down the page. We ask that everyone posts three to five comments every time you post an image. FYI in case you didn't see it. Thanks.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Diane! Yes that was true about this location. We left Seattle at 8 AM, had lunch in the Lake Quinnault area, then to Kalaloch and Ruby beaches, from there to the motel and dinner in Forks before heading to La Push. A fun-filled day!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Miller View Post
    I like the composition. Having been there, there is not a lot of leeway to move the sun's position and keep the sea stacks in a good composition. But it's no fair that you got a clear sunset!! (And hope you didn't have lunch in the same place we did...)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Perkins View Post
    Very pretty Judy, the light leaks work well to add some glow. The sea stacks make nice compositional elements.
    Thanks Kerry!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Jackie. I'm sorry I didn't get around to making comments. I got hung up on working on the hundreds of photos from the trip. I'll do better in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Schuknecht View Post
    Very pretty Judy, it makes you wonder how the trees got there and survive. I like the silhouette and the lens flare, the sun placement looks fine to me. BTW, a friendly reminder, we have new guidelines for posting, which is further down the page. We ask that everyone posts three to five comments every time you post an image. FYI in case you didn't see it. Thanks.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely processing and composition.

12. Thanks Judy Howle thanked for this post