Thread: Theme: Whites and Pinks

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme: Whites and Pinks

Attached Images Attached Images

This flower was in my neighbor's yard...I have no idea what it is, so any help with the ID would be appreciated. I applied Tonal Contrast and Neutralize Whites in CEP, but thought it needed more definition, so I applied one of the Topaz Glow filters.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Wendy, I think they are gladiolus. I like your treatment a lot - very subtle use of Glow is nice. I would probably remove the pink tip to the right of the stem on the bottom edge and maybe tone down (just a small amount) the brightest bokeh on the right hand edge.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another vote for glads, as my grandmother used to call them. I agree with Cheryl about that pink tip, but otherwise superb. The glow gave it some really nice definition. Might a bit of canvas to the right if you have it. Nice work Wendy!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the composition and the accentuated texture produced by the Glow filter. The images depth of field appears to be sizeable. Did you use focus stacking with this image?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks, Cheryl, Jackie and Gary. I actually noticed the pink tip and the brighter bokeh just before I uploaded the photo, but by then it was 11:20 last night and I had to work today, so I went ahead and uploaded! I'll go back and rework that. Gary...I did not use focus stacking for this image, so the petals in the back are a little out of focus as a result.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love what you did here! Stunning! Lovely detail on the interior of these flowers. I might tone it down just a bit, or maybe it is the sharpening that needs toning down just a notch. Perfect dof, with the focus in the right place. I agree with the suggestions made my Cheryl and Jackie. You have a winner here!

7. Thanks Wendy Kates thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

First thing I noted was the degree of sharpness in the white petals....that makes it more ootb and not just "natural" Agree re the pink. Really nice!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful flower and perfect processing. I agree about the pink at the bottom.