Thread: RUST-THEME

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default RUST-THEME

Attached Images Attached Images

A favorite walking path takes me past one of my community's hydroelectric plants. The city is replacing the turbines in this plant. Two of the old units were dumped unceremoniously outside of the facility. The old fellows were covered in rust with chipped a corroded blades. They screamed grunge. I anticipated a great shoot with more than a few keepers. Once into it, I found the subject difficult.

I selectively applied Topaz Adjust grunge and a black line layer with a multiply blend mode to the fg element. The bg was lightened and blurred slightly.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great as an abstract subject Gary, and the colours and textures are great. I like the light on the tip of the blade, very subtle and it highlights the subject nicely.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the brilliant oranges in this! Plus the great textures and abstract look! Even if you struggled, I think you captured a dramatic angle with isolating that blade edge against a equally rusty bkgd. Good choice of DOF allowing more details on the blade and some softening of the bkgd, and yet retaining all the brilliance of the rusty oranges.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I agree with the above comments. Making the tip and edge of the blade lighter caused my eye to go to them right away, then, I move around the image. Good work, and congratulations.