Thread: Bad Moon Rising

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bad Moon Rising

Attached Images Attached Images

This is the second of a series of images I'm creating for a summer project from my camera club. We are to photograph the titles of 21 songs. This one is "Bad Moon Rising." (The first was "You are my Sunshine," and it was the last image I posted, though I didn't give it that title.)

I took a photo of the moon over a cornfield. Then, I isolated the moon, enlarged it, and twirled it using Liquify. I added a texture.

This is just for fun. I wish I'd put the moon over to the right, but don't want to go back and re do it.

I appreciate all comments, positive or not.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like it Anita, the colours and textures are terrific. I think your own critique about not having the moon so centered is a good one. Just a thought, I wonder what it would look like with a smaller moon.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Schuknecht View Post
    I really like it Anita, the colours and textures are terrific. I think your own critique about not having the moon so centered is a good one. Just a thought, I wonder what it would look like with a smaller moon.
    Thanks, Jackie. I moved the moon over and made it a bit smaller, probably not as much as I could have.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like it moved over to the right Anita:) I like the colours of the original better.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Anita, I love this!!!! It reminds me so much of a Georgia O'Keefe and I don't mind it being centered - a lot of her work was centered. This is an interesting theme for a camera club - you must have a very active group?
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think Cheryl got it with the Georgia O'keefe comparison, both are lovely and since its Bad Moon Rising, bigger is badder, nice one. Love the frame

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am ok with the original too, sometimes centering is appropriate. Breaking away from dogma is a big part of what this forum is for! Having said that, I have to say that I like both versions. I like the whimsical feel and greeting card appeal in both versions.
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com