Thread: Fast food delivery

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Fast food delivery

Attached Images Attached Images

An osprey with a WHOLE fish -- I was so excited! Not any choice about the steep angle -- he's approaching the nest and it's a lot taller than I am. He often circles farther away, allowing a slightly shallower angle, but then there is just too much humid thermal-churned air between us.

Canon 7D3, 100-400 II at 227mm. ISO 800, 1/2500 at f/5. M exposure set by shooting some light-colored objects nearby and setting to just get slight blinkies. Wish I had more dynamic range as action here doesn't happen at first or last light.

Minimal adjustments in LR and into PS to patch a torn feather and some slight color tweaks. NR with Dfine but hardly needed.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Diane, well done, awesome action image and great to get the whole fish. Light looks a bit harsh and this seems to have impacted the details in the whites. And as you say not the best angle or wing position. But still a very nice image. TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Did Canon come out with a new camera? the 7D3??
    I have to agree with your self-critique re: angle. The head angle is good but wish he had been looking directly at you. That would help give the illusion that the angle is less steep.
    It is always a bonus to have the whole fish because they love the bite off the head as soon as they catch it. I like the way the fish is looking up at the osprey.
    Light is harsh and does take a bit away from the image. My experience with osprey is that they love to fish early am when the light is good but I guess that has not been your experience with this pair. Too bad.
    TFS,
    Gail

4. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

7D3 -- ooops -- wishful thinking?