Thread: Theme: Reflections of a warped mind

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme: Reflections of a warped mind

Attached Images Attached Images

This starts with a photo of trees reflected in a pond. I used a couple of painting apps on it, the last one being DAP. Then I had made "marks" on white mixed-media paper with black paint and bubble wrap, sequin waste ribbon used as a stencil, grid marks with various tools, etc. and scanned them and turned them into brushes which I stamped on the image in red-orange, yellow and dark brown colors. MUCHO grunge was the result! Then I added some vintage and royalty free clipart on top.

This may be my last image posted as I am not going to renew my subscription at this time and I think it expires this month but not sure of the date. With having to buy a new computer and also I'm going to Seattle on the 18th for about 3 weeks to visit my sister and the plane ticket is about double what it was when I went 10 yrs ago. I understand that you can't post here unless you pay... Anyway, I hope you all know how much I've enjoyed my time here and I really enjoyed getting to know all of you and see your outstanding work. I have learned many new techniques and you have definitely made me more creative and helped the quality of my work immensely. As you know I have gotten more into painting and mixed-media art and digital collage (not photo-based) since late last summer and haven't been on here very often since then. If I'm still allowed to "look" I will look at your work from time to time.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a complex and very interesting image that engages my attention exploring it and discovering all the elements. I've really enjoyed your work, and watching it transition. Hope you'll keep looking in from time to time -- I think you can do that without a time limit or fee.

Best wishes for your artwork!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks so much Diane. I have enjoyed your work too!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Miller View Post
    This is a complex and very interesting image that engages my attention exploring it and discovering all the elements. I've really enjoyed your work, and watching it transition. Hope you'll keep looking in from time to time -- I think you can do that without a time limit or fee.

Best wishes for your artwork!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fantastic work, Judy. Fantastic colors and designs. Beautifully executed. Enjoy Seattle! My son lives there and we visit him often. I will continue to see your work on Flickr.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Judy, what a fantastic going away present - very intricate and full of interesting and evocative artwork. I'm sorry to see you go but I've enjoyed watching your work evolve in different directions. Have a great trip and I hope you check in from time to time.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks so much Anita and Cheryl! I have always admired both of your work. I have re-worked the image a little and added some text.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the text!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks, Anita! I like it too, adds a theme element to the composition.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I especially like the lady with the double sets of eyes. Lots to feast the eyes on, and then there is interpretation. We will miss your creative work Judy, but best of luck in your journey. I do think you will be back though!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Jackie! The woman is a vintage photo and she's looking into an optician's machine that they check vision with and I thought it was a very cool image!

I probably will be back if I get a lot of good photos in Seattle to play with!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The brilliant color of the thumbnail initially catches the eye. Once into the image, the skillfully chosen and placed images demand attention. You will be missed.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I remember this one. Congratulations on your creativity.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Gary and Anita!