Thread: two fishermen

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default two fishermen

Attached Images Attached Images

Visiting Crab Orchard Lake this weekend, I discovered two fishermen in a cove close to the shore. They were very cooperative in posing. I was going for a late in the day (it was 8 pm) shot. This is also my first try with Topaz denies (just got it), so those of you used to that, please look closely so I can learn more. Thanks.

Topaz denoise, some color adjustment, slight cloning of unwanted elements. Almost full frame.

focal length 28mm, 1/8000sec f7.1 iso 640 aperture priority

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A wonderfully peaceful and soothing image. I like the limited color pallete. The trees on the shore seem to be holding the fishermen in their arms. The ripples in the water gently hold the boat. Lovely reflections. Very nice!
    Did you find DeNoise easy to use? I don't see any noise. Looks good to me.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

It is very nice Hazel. I can't see any noise. The comp is great with the two fisherman in silhouette and heads just below that blue line of water in the distance. I thought there was too much green in the image so I added magenta to counterbalance it.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks. Yes, Anita, I found denoise easy to use (viewed some tutorials). Glad you and Jackie think it is ok. This is a new area for me, using a denoise. Wow, what a difference. Will be practicing other techniques with it. Interesting color change, Jackie. thanks for the suggestion.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hazel, you captured the end of a summer day on the lake. The near silhouette of the fisherman with the encircling ripples and cloud reflections are most effective. On my monitor, Jackie's color shift is a bit too strong.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A gorgeous image, evoking a warm, humid evening. I love the greenish-cyan color of the first -- the magenta doesn't fit the subject, for me. If I were to bend the colors, I'd think of going toward gold.

I love how the clouds cradle the boat. I'd consider adding a slight bit more water at the bottom, so the cloud reflection has lots of breathing room.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks. Diane. I agree about the magenta. Was thinking, too, of a golden cast. Will experiment. Will also experiment with water added.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Hazel, this is a nice typical evening fishing outing scene that I'm fortunate to see at a lake near my house. I would remove the two dark objects in the water behind the boat, one on either side - the one on the right is smaller and farther from the boat. I use Topaz DeNoise and I like it a lot.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/