Thread: Song Sparrow

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Song Sparrow

Attached Images Attached Images

With the recent trip to Brigantine we were first greeted by this Song Sparrow, and many RWBL. Shortly thereafter we happened on the flyover of the many Glossy Ibis. C&C welcome.

D4s, Nikon 500mm + 1.4 tc, 1/2000, f 6.7, ISO 400, Gitzo tripod, Wimberley Gimbal head.

Geoffrey

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the pose and perch. The bird looks a bit washed out like it is either slightly OOF or the shot needs some contrast. I like the setting overall, but the small branches on the right are a little overpowering. TFS.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You have captured a very nice singing pose with nice sharp detail Geoffrey, wonder how it would look with a bit taken from the right of the image or would that unbalance it? not sure ,anyway it's a fine looking image as it is, thanks for giving us a look.

Keith.

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Gruby View Post
    Love the pose and perch. The bird looks a bit washed out like it is either slightly OOF or the shot needs some contrast. I like the setting overall, but the small branches on the right are a little overpowering. TFS.
    Thanks Lyle. I added a bit more contrast a sharpened a few points also removed some of the branches to the right in repost.

Name:  © 2015 *Geoffrey Montagu SDH_2095 Brig. Song Sparrow copy.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  196.7 KB

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keith mitchell View Post
    You have captured a very nice singing pose with nice sharp detail Geoffrey, wonder how it would look with a bit taken from the right of the image or would that unbalance it? not sure ,anyway it's a fine looking image as it is, thanks for giving us a look.

Keith.
    Thanks Keith. I'm not so sure it would unbalance it, but I think it helped to remove some of the branches to the right in repost.

Geoffrey

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice singing pose captured, Geoffrey. I would tempted to suggest to clone out the non perch sticks as you have too many in the frame.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I actually like all the sticks in there in this case (and the repost works for me, too)! Neat singing pose. If mine I'd darken the pupil and tone down the brightest whites on the throat.