Thread: Laughing Gull

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Laughing Gull

Attached Images Attached Images

While in Cape May this week we decided to visit Nummy Island which turned out to be quite active with a number of shore birds. Since there's not much cover, it meant standing in one spot for a spell. A group of Laughing Gulls came in to investigate one of the inlets and this one spotted a crab dinner. Interesting feather patterns and bright red beak, tongue, and inner mouth. C&C welcome.

D4s, Nikon 500mm + 1.4 tc, 1/3200, f 7.1, ISO 800, Gitzo tripod, Wimberley Gimbal head.

Geoffrey

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like how the grasses frame the top and the bottom of the frame. It really draws me into the action in the center! Lovely pose on the gull and well taken!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice frame Geoffrey. I too like the grasses on both top and bottom. Great pose from the gull. I bet the crab aint laughing Good work

Will

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely image showing the feeding behavior of the gull. It's a question of who has who, the gull or the crab. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The framing by the grasses is top notch...very nicely seen to include that. I like the hunting behaviour and pose, exposure, details, well balanced composition. I do feel the colours could have more punch to them though.

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks everyone for your comments. Daniel I did think about and tend to agree a bit of punch in the colors, especially in the grasses is needed.

Geoffrey