Thread: Sunlight Upon the Shells

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Sunlight Upon the Shells

Attached Images Attached Images

This was shot the same morning as my scarlet sky series after the sun had come up and the light had turn golden. I was going to pack up and leave after all what more could one ask from Eos the Greek goddess of Dawn then the sky she had already given me that morning when I turned around and saw the shells on the beach aglow with the warm light of early morning. This was to good to pass up first off the beach is not always covered in shells like this and this is my favorite Coquina formation which I have yet to get an image of that I really like (this one is close). I think I have three more images from this morning that I will end up processing it was that type of morning

6D, 16-35 at 20mm, f/16 at 3.2s, Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, ISO 50, Tripod, Single exposure with numerous layers from luminosity mask to some Niks CEP4 I also used a new light paining technique to enhance the yellow on the water
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful light and gorgeous soft waves! I love the wide-angle foreground. The upper right area of the sky creates a beautiful reflection in the water, but I'm wondering if the brightness of the sky there doesn't pull my eye a little too much.

And I hate to even mention it for such a stunning image, but the horizon is just a little crooked.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

In addition to Diane's positive remarks, I'd like to compliment your comosition. Choosing the textures of the delicate shells next to the grander rocks is a good contrast, and the little tunnel that lets the water through adds depth perception.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Miller View Post
    Wonderful light and gorgeous soft waves! I love the wide-angle foreground. The upper right area of the sky creates a beautiful reflection in the water, but I'm wondering if the brightness of the sky there doesn't pull my eye a little too much.

And I hate to even mention it for such a stunning image, but the horizon is just a little crooked.
    oops
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Don

Beautiful light and pastel colours, and a nice shutter speed chosen. Great image. If not for the shells I would have guessed that you were at my local beach...! the limestone rocks looks identical.

Don

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gorgeous light, colours and composition here. Really pleasing to look at.
    I do agree on the horizon ;)
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Don, lovely scene and perfectly composed. I too think the horizon could use a tiny adjustment.