In accordance with Canon guidelines I have updated the lens correction data on my Canon 1DX so it now includes the 100-400 mk11 and the series 111 TC in conjunction with my 500, 180 macro etc. As I understand matters this means the lenses/and combinations will be corrected as the image is captured.
Just out of curiosity I was looking at the current CPN newsletter which indicated you can tailor the info relative to the images captured when viewing in Edit mode. (i still haven't sussed this yet)

Now here comes the question when in DPP 4 Edit mode the image will already have had any relevant corrections applied - right (??)

If I tick the Digital Lens Optimiser I notice the Chromatic Aberration slider activates but no values change in the DPP panel or in the EXIF data so I guess this is just offering the opportunity to overide any correction applied by the system is this correct?.
My underlying question is that having updated the camera with all my lenses and combinations I think there is no need to click the Digital Lens Optimiser button - does anyone disagree??