Thread: Pied wagtail bathtime #1

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Pied wagtail bathtime #1

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 1DX Canon 100-400 Mk11 & 1.4TC111 560mm Auto ISO 2000 +0.66 1/1250 sec 8
    I was returning from my afternoon walk with Barney and there was a puddle in the road just at the side of my house. I told Barney to heel - much to my amazement he did and I squatted down and took a series of shots. I have to confess I did not see the half of what my camera captured.
    All C&C welcome.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great capture Jon. I really like this. Fantastic sharpness on the bird. You did well here considering the circumstances. I would have liked to see more details on the chest but under the circumstances, I think you did real good as is

Will

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cute little chap and you captured him so well, water droplets and all! Love the surprised look on its face:)

Well framed and presented, I take it the light was not quite favourable after the rain and made it difficult to get a perfect exposure, those black feathers on the chest need more detail IMO but I do like the blur in the tail suggesting movement and that water running off its feathers - a very special capture Jonathan, TFS!!!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by William Dickson View Post
    Great capture Jon. I really like this. Fantastic sharpness on the bird. You did well here considering the circumstances. I would have liked to see more details on the chest but under the circumstances, I think you did real good as is

Will
    I agree Will, but the darkest parts are exposed correctly i,e no blinkies and I did lighten a bit using a mask but the simple thing is that the sun wasn't shining on his chest.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for that Jon, regarding our conversation a wee while back, I am now busy pricing that lens. I like what it can do

Cheers

Will